Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old School John Deere 743A Harvester/ Delimber

Chopper95 ยท 2016-02-11 01:01

Quite a while ago, I have no idea who, someone was asking for some additional information on the John Deere 743A machines from the mid-late 1970s I believe, and I want to say they came up fairly empty handed. Fairly elusive machine I think assume not many made it out of the factory and I want to say they weren't the greatest from what I recall. Anyways, was digging around the internet tonight while on hold and stumbled across two supposedly working machines in my own state (complete other side, however {Colorado**) that are for sale for $15,000 for the pair. No photos, just name and number. I know the dealer is probably the largest forestry equipment seller in the state since it's limited out here. Might give a call and ask for some photos, but leaving the country in a day or so - never have seen shots of one beyond brochures and marketing material. Figured I'd leave the info here for anyone who's on the hunt or has interest. "1978 Deere 743A Delimber 2 Available, Goon Engine and Transmission. $10,000 Eacn or $15,000 for BOTH DDI Equipment. Whitewater, CO, US Dave Dodd 1-970-339-1100"

Replies1
  1. #1MutsMachines2016-02-23 23:03

    i was part of that thread. if you could get pictures that would be great! looking at those two pics i notice there might be two different machines. one a feller and one a harvester.