Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old School Marine RTCH

Yellowirondude ยท 2011-11-19 15:43

Forum, Well, in keeping with posting pics of all the gear I operate (and you pay taxes for ), here is my next post. This is a USMC RTCH (Rough Terrain Container Handler) based off of the CAT 990 loader. It can lift 20' and 40' ISO containers up to 50k in weight. Unfortunately, this is the only pic I have for said peice of gear. That AND is now a discontinued piece of USMC gear. Later, I will post the KALMAR RTCH that replaced it. Enjoy Enjoy and Regards, YID

Replies3
  1. #1DoosanFan2011-11-20 05:28

    Wow, that must be quite an interesting piece to wrap your head around... Love it...

  2. #2Yellowirondude2011-11-20 16:20

    DoosanFan - Its actually a breeze to operate....lol. Except in tight turn places. And when there are a bunch of Marines around not 5 feet away staring at this behemoth in utter amazemet...lol. Regards, YID

  3. #3Lee-online2011-12-13 21:38

    They are based around the 988B. I did some work on them a few years ago. We had the mast off and had the lift cylinder rebuilt along with some other repairs. They are a pain to transport. Getting them under 14'2" was a challenge. When they arrived they hit a bridge along the way somewhere.