Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old snow tractor

telescooper ยท 2009-03-29 19:09

Check out this "snow cat" a little different way of thinking. This is a long video but worth watching from '24 > http://www.wxpnews.com/M0KJS8/090203-Snow-Vehicle Telescooper:usa

Replies8
  1. #1bill onthehill2009-03-29 20:17

    Koo needs one of these! Amazing machine for it's time. A simplistic modification of existing vehicles. Wonder why it never caught on?

  2. #2telescooper2009-03-29 20:39

    I too was thinking KoO needs one of these it, would be a little faster then The Hood. The idea was pretty innovative. I was wondering why it didn't catch on, maybe Cat bought the patents or something. Telescooper

  3. #3bushcat2009-03-29 20:42

    That's a cool unit. Never saw one before.

  4. #4King of Obsolete2009-03-29 21:47

    thansk great video and the russian had built a modern version in the 1960. no idea why the idea never caught on. thansk KoO Published Author

  5. #5bill53622009-03-29 21:48

    Thanks for sharing I have never seen one before. Any idea of the hp and weight?

  6. #6Steve Frazier2009-03-29 22:21

    The Fordson F was 20hp, I'm pretty sure that's the model the machine is based on. The tractor weighs 2920lbs in stock form, I think it might remain close to that with the modification.

  7. #7Dwan Hall2009-03-29 22:32

    I have seen one operate on water. Can't remember ware though. Anyone notice the operator waring a tie? Coman practice back in the old days.

  8. #8vintex2009-03-30 07:11

    snow tractor hi guys there is one of these on display at the HEIDRICK ag history center woodland CA quiet a unique machine!