Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Stump removal D9G Style

TimT · 2018-07-08 09:34
Replies10
  1. #1ianjoub2018-07-08 10:06

    Why didn't you just use the blade in the 1st place? Surely it would have sheared off or pulled out. I had a Clarke/Michigan 125B wheel loader that would pull 24" pine stumps with tap root right up out of the ground with a root rake.

  2. #2Ronsii2018-07-08 15:26

    That ripper sure makes it look easy

  3. #3kshansen2018-07-08 15:31

    That stump looks like the one in my side yard. It's a old rotten Poplar. Not sure I really want a D9 to remove it, be a bit of a job cleaning up afterwards!

  4. #4TimT2018-07-08 17:13

    That D9 is one of my toys, I wanted to play with the ripper. I KNOW I don't NEED a D9 to rip out an old stump, but since I just bought one, I figured I would have some fun. You realize people collect Old Cats...some folks just like looking at them, I like to play around with mine. I spent my whole life working with equipment and trucks and I still can't get enough.

  5. #5Ronsii2018-07-08 19:29

    Know exactly what you mean I love playing with my old iron... when /if I ever get time, And I don't know why but every once in a while I start looking for more... Probably some sort of disease or something....

  6. #6td25c2018-07-08 20:49

    We demoed an old concrete swimming pool last week in a back yard . Customer was watching us bustin it up with the excavator . He comes over & asks " what type of grass seed should we throw on when it's finished ? " " Well ….…. First thing yer gonna need is a good landscaper as we only good at bustin & rippin stuff up " . LOL !

  7. #7SidewinderGlenn2018-07-10 17:19

    Now ya need another one Tim ! .

  8. #8DB092018-07-10 20:13

    Where's the Td 25.

  9. #9TimT2018-07-11 20:45

    Traded it back to the guy and a 450C JD for the 9. I can get another small dozer, But not often do you get a chance at a decent D9G 30 minutes from home. The 9 is in much better shape all around than the 25 and it's easier to get parts& support. I am hoping I will not need either one though. I always wanted a 9G dressed out just like this one.

  10. #10RustedHeroes2018-07-12 18:44

    What a gorgeous sounding machine... Could listen to that all day. Thanks for taking the time to post