Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Tin!

49cat112 ยท 2008-08-24 23:25

This tin dump truck has been in my family since the 30's (or so my Grandmother said many years ago). I think it's a Keystone...Google couldn't cough up anything resembling it though. Any ideas? It's not for sale....It's a family heirloom. I would appreciate any info you guys might have on it though!

Replies8
  1. #1JD40202008-08-24 23:47

    Ever see antiques roadshow?

  2. #249cat1122008-08-24 23:52

    I'm not home when it's on.....:beatsme. I've spent a bit of time trying to find out what this thing is.....nada. That's why I posted here (and other boards) Somebody might know something and can steer me in the right direction (I hope!).

  3. #3Wolf2008-08-25 01:06

    does it have any markings on the bottom of it? check ralph and terry kovel's book. it is an encyclopedia of things like this, and has a value for most of them.

  4. #449cat1122008-08-25 01:11

    Some very faint stampings....I'd have to sand the paint off to tell and I'm not ready to go that far yet. It's the original paint near as a I can tell. Thanks for the book tip!

  5. #5Wolf2008-08-25 01:13

    yeah don't sand the paint. it would destroy any value. see if you can do a rubbing of it, use a chalk, or charcoal or a pencil very lightly and see if you can make out any of the words or designs. that will help to identify it.

  6. #6bruce oz2008-08-25 01:18

    Keystone Toy Trucks hello 66gg1tnc,i found this site for you that may help ,seen some pic of a truck like the packard toy truck ,up up $2000 ,bruce oz http://buddyltoy.com/3.html .

  7. #7Wolf2008-08-25 01:21

    good call, mate.

  8. #8Bellboy2008-09-05 10:56

    jee wiz. My grandad made me a model that looks just like that out of wood. He also made me a TLB.