Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

old TLB rate from some one selling TLB

cat320 ยท 2007-04-05 21:51

I had to post this is any one here in the Boston area making $125 an hour with this machine ? If he 's getting that much for that then i should be getting $300 for mine. http://c.im.craigslist.org/aV/ai/9GfyBd8oOEyJpOnpLkE9MtjuCgGG.jpg Quote"Ford 555 Loader, second owner, well maintained, 1 minor piston leak, 5,968 hours, rubber is 90%, New Battery, new ignition, new lights, very powerful 3 cylenar diesel, 20 ft. reach with hoe, Acid Etched metal and Primed & Painted with Industrial Coatings metal Paint, Very hard finish. Maching looks & Runs great! Trailer is a 2004 Bray 14,000 GVW Duall Axel Beaver Tail, Breaks, tool box, rubber is 95%, low miles and well maintained! This Machine is a seriouse money maker!! At a rate of $125hr with operator & a 4hr minimum plus delivery charges.....make it all back in 1 to 2 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO DREAMERS OR SCAMMERS!!!! I DO FACE TO FACE BUSINESS ONLY!!!! BACKHOE ONLY : $13,000 BEAVERTAIL TRAILER $6,500 TOTAL PACKAGE PRICE IS CASH ONLY!!!!! $17,500 Jim "

Replies12
  1. #1Jeff D.2007-04-05 22:19

    I don't know about the rates, but I'd think that 14K trailer would be maxed out or worse with a that backhoe on it.:beatsme I tried putting my 3400 Ford backhoe on a 12K trailer and it was way overloaded. I decided I wouldn't even pull it. A 555 Ford would be even heavier, I'd think.

  2. #2lamarbur2007-04-05 22:44

    Guess out here near Sturbridge area, We should work the Boston area, Hell,, at this rate we could buy a new machine every 3 years and not think too much about it.

  3. #3Mike J2007-04-06 01:28

    Yeah I don't think that is a 555. It looks a lot like my 3500, thats probably why its on a 14gvw trailer too cause its more like a 10k lb machine.

  4. #4mtb3452007-04-06 10:43

    ointhead nice aint job

  5. #5mflah872007-04-08 12:42

    union rates might be $125 an hour, but theres no way you could charge thatmuch for that machine. No union company would take that.

  6. #6biggixxerjim2007-04-09 00:39

    For $125 an hour you'll get laughed off the job. I heard Sanford and Son is hiring......

  7. #7biggixxerjim2007-04-09 22:36

    I'll tell ya what tho, for what it is, that is one clean machine

  8. #8CAT245ME2007-04-13 17:51

    Is it just me or does any one else think the asking price for that backhoe is a little too much. I have a relitive that sold his 1980 Case 680 for $5,000 bucks (canadian), good working machine with excellent paint, good rubber and ran real good but needed some pins & bushings replaced. I have seen other backhoes fairly cheep and in good shape.

  9. #9murray832007-04-13 18:17

    You can grab a newer hoe than that for around 10 grand Canadian. But hey i would charge just as much as everyone else,if it was a new Cat or a JCB 3C backhoe it shouldn't matter,thats why I love older equipment like CAT245ME said pay 5 grand and make it back in a month Now if only I could find a deal and stop renting

  10. #10Prairie Dog2007-04-14 02:19

    If you look on Ritchie Bros website you can check the sales of equipment in the last 12 months that they have sold all over the world. I just looked up 1980 case and it seems to be around the 9k - 15k Canadian. There were 2 that were '81 one sold for 9K in Canada and the other '81 sold for 12.5kUSD in the States. That website is great for giving you a good idea of what a deal is when you are looking for equipment.

  11. #11CAT245ME2007-04-14 10:22

    Looking back at it now, I should have bought the backhoe for snow removal. For 5 grand it was worth it.

  12. #12murray832007-04-14 11:00

    I don't think it would be too hard to search out another backhoe for that price.I see a few older JCB's and **'s out there under 10 grand in decent working condition if you have the garage and tools to tinker with it an older machine is worth the price.