Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Older 637D’s

MoparPA · 2017-01-02 14:57

If theres already a 637 thread i apologize. Here are a few we're running on the job I'm on. Happy New Year.

Replies4
  1. #1Tinkerer2017-01-03 08:37

    Thanks for those photos MoparPA. It brought back some memories of some 637s I PUSHED for a contractor I worked for. They removed the rear engines and used them for replacement spares. Those long stingers looked really weird with a steel plate on them.

  2. #2fiat41b2017-01-04 01:26

    looks like that terex is getting ready to eat that cat

  3. #3MoparPA2017-01-04 21:36

    Yea it is! Ill tell ya what bud, i read in a thread on this forum a few years back, I'm sure the gentleman's quote is still on the thread somewhere, that an operator's opinion on Terex scrapers was that when they're 100% they're untouchable and will run circles around any other pan…but when they're off forget it…a nightmare to run. When i got sent to this job i was first on the 37's…older but nice machines…hydraulics were on point. Loaded nicely. Then i moved to a 24 when the CAT went down and i never looked back. Love the machine.

  4. #4MoparPA2017-01-04 21:41

    Wow…no kidding. Well thats a different way of doing things :beatsme Makes sense (less maintenance, down time and the big one…saving money) its out of the cut and trying to pull a hill or clim a pile. I don't know bud, i probably have a 1/4 of the experience that most of you guys do but that just doesn't make sense to me…but again, even if the machine if moving faster in reverse than it is forwards the main man sees on paper what he's $aving in fuel and on repairs and that all that matters to some. Definitely interesting though…id love to see a picture or two if you have any.