I am looking to purchase a bit of an older machine to clear trees and do some ground work like digging for electrical / water lines , foundation, etc on an acreage I purchased . There is a machine in my area that is for sale that is advertised as a 1996 case 9030, however I do believe the year must be wrong because it definitely has no “B” on the machine and from looking online it looks like the earlier version. Seems like a clean machine that hasn’t been beat up much , hours are pretty high around 12.5k hours . I am concerned about the year of the machine and the potential issues I could run into. Not so much engine wise but I’m worried about getting parts for the hydraulic side of things and undercarriage parts Is there anything I should look out for with this machine in particular? Are parts so hard to find I should avoid this model? I’m in western Canada if it helps I’m trying to find a hoe around 200-350 size
Ill be that guy. Go find yourself a old caterpillar. I have no trouble at all getting parts for the 312b.
Case is Sumitomo but with a 5.9 Cummins,vin tag call your Case dealer see if it has history & parts plus a good Napa auto parts have a good inventory v dealer price. Good luck
I’ve had better luck finding parts by cross-referencing with New Holland models—some share components. Also, local salvage yards surprisingly helped me score a few key pieces for cheap.
The 9000 series Case has nothing common with the New Holland machines, that came much later.
Parker Pacific in your area sold Link Belt over Case 10-1. Case had a bad image back then but were a good machine. Both Link Belt and Case were built by Sumitomo the only real difference being the engines, in the smaller ones I believe Link Belt used Isuzu and Case used Cummins. Most other parts a interchangeable.
Had a 9030 myself for some acreage work. Tough old rig, but I’d check the swing bearing, final drives, and boom pins. Mine had over 11k hours and the hydraulics were still solid, though tracking down some excavator parts took a bit of patience. I ended up finding everything I needed online, all in good condition.
Pointy cab nose is first gen, curved cab nose is second gen B series. I still run both generations and get parts from Bearuegard Case dealer out of New Hampshire USA. They have been great and get parts right from Sumitomo if needed. Link Belt is Sumitomo's North American market brand so you can use them for parts also. JCB also had Sumitomo build their excavators for those two generations and ive inquired to my local Alta equipment dealer about support with success. Differences ive found are the engines. Case used Cummins in NA, Mitsubishi elsewhere, Link Belt used Cummins in NA, Mitsubishi elsewhere, and JCB used Isuzu and to my knowledge never sold those generation excavators directly in the NA market. Rest of the machines are identical minus some small parts with logos on them specific to the manufacturer. I have a B series 9010 and 9050 with Cummins, a first gen 9050 from Europe with Mitsubishi, and JCB JS300 from UK with Isuzu. Lots of Asia and Europe machines did make it into Canada depending on what ocean you're closest to.
I bought an ‘94 Case 9050A with Mitsubishi powerplant and wondered if it came from abroad given its been so hard to find a parts machine or manuals/information on them. Did the A moniker mean European distribution? Located in Canada, bought in Canada. @DM&RDBulldog , willing to connect w me I’ve got a few questions on the 9050?
2/3 sounds like a Case gray market Sumitomo 300-1
Uhh, if you don't trust Amazon or Ebay, there's a recommendation. You can turn to some aftermarket part supplier. Ever bought many Case replacement parts from Friday Parts. They're good for that price. Usually arrives fast. Maybe worth checking if there are parts you need for Case 9030. Do remember to look at reviews and compare before making your purchase.
Yes Friday parts does seem to be pretty good…