I have a diecast model project I'm working on ,and I need some pictures of an older style D9 with a push block in the front,rather than a small blade. Any pictures can be emailed to me direct at [email protected] Thanx,Dave
how's this I took them in wioming this spring
Are you looking fore this one?
Here is some D9 push cats
I learn something new everyday. That would be a piece of history to operate.
That's what is known as the "Pushin Cushion". I believe that is also it's trade name. An outfit here went auction hunting looking especially for this type of blade. They have a fleet of D8K's and some D9H's with these mounted to them. The simplest pushcat there is. paired up with 621 F and G models. alan627b
http://www.constructionscalemodels.com/ D9H with cushion pushin 1/50 scale http://www.constructionscalemodels.com/productdetail.aspx?recid= 7016
The Pushin Cushion is what I was looking for. They're all great pictures, and will help me out .. Thank you to all,,Dave
The pushin cushion is nice for fast pickups,but not the best in the mud because it drags backingup and sometimes going forward after the scraper gets full and you have to keep pushing him to soild going. The underslung dozer machine is the best all around.Will lift high altho it will drag also if mud is bad enough,plus can do some miner dozing if needed.I think this have been discussed some before :usa
This is one I snapped on the road.
can anyone explain the reason for not having a blade of some description on the machine to aid in site care or is there always a smaller machine onsite to do that when the plant is vast enough to warrant a pushdozer?
These "pushin cushion" pushcats are the most purpose built thing for pushing scrapers, and they are what you'd call "dedicated use" machines. The outfits that use them have enough scrapers running that they need a pushcat constantly. Usually 4-6 621's with a D8, or 631's with D9's. They usually have enough support equipment to maintain the rest of the site, used to be graders, but now a lot of the contractors run tractors with Bee Gees (drag blades) for haul road maintenance and to smooth fills, freeing the graders for precision grading. This type of pushcat is the simplest, least mechanically complicated pushcat there is, and since it doesn't have to lug a pair of lift cylinders and the draft arms, is also lighter and uses most of it's power to push the scrapers. Works pretty slick most of the time. A good scraper crew will help clean the cut up on their way back to the cat, and can help drag fills down in the event of rain coming too. Usually the cut is run in one direction, (unless it's a very long cut), the scrapers can clean up crumbs on their way back up through the cut. A good crew won't leave a lot of area looking like a bomb went off, escpecially during storm season. Hope this helps, alan627b