Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Older IH documentation available?

buffaloherder ยท 2019-03-04 11:51

Late last year I purchased an older IH track loader. (250C) Put a few hours on her and while the machine still runs excellent I would like to make sure I am keeping up with all the recommended PM and using appropriate fluids etc. Is there anywhere to purchase copies of the old Operator or Maintenance Manuals? If not, Other than the service interval decal (which is remarkably still intact and legible) is there a good source for this info online? I am going to replace a couple hoses this weekend and will need to top off the hydraulic fluid when doing so. Previous owner said they used exclusively Komatsu 10W fluid so I wanted to verify this is the right fluid and while Im tinkering thought it'd be a good idea to grease everything and check other fluids. Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.

Replies5
  1. #1bam19682019-03-04 13:12

    I took a quick look on ebay. It looked like you can get operators, service and parts manuals on there.

  2. #2buffaloherder2019-03-04 13:24

    Thanks. I feel like a bit of a stooge. Never think to check Ebay... I appreciate the quick reply

  3. #3JimInOz2019-03-05 20:30

    Join the REDPOWER FORUMS online. Lots of good IH/Dresser advice there.

  4. #4boone2019-03-07 16:11

    These are reprints. Might be able to find originals for as much or cheaper. https://www.jensales.com/search?search=IH 250C https://www.binderbooks.com/ihcrawlerloadermanuals.html

  5. #5buffaloherder2019-03-07 17:13

    Thanks guys! Ordered a set on off ebay same day I posted originally supposed to be here any day. I want to take care of the old iron (its almost as old as I am...well not quite) and want to do it right, but not sure what right is.