Here is a c-35 shield bantam crane I hauled to Springfield MO all the way from Denver Colorado. This was my Dads crane and he had gotten it from another demolition contractor that went out of business. I have been told that this machine was bought specifically to demolish the Montgomery Wards building in downtown Denver. It was craned to the top along with a small crawler loader and it balled its way to the bottom one level at a time and the crawler loader would push debris off the side or to the next level to make a ramp to walk the crane on down. Old school way before excavators and breakers.
I used to run a Bantam C-366 for a few years,will enclose a couple of pics,the color is the same.I was doing a housing development of starter homes and I could just about dig the cellar holes from the street if I wanted to.The contractor that I was working for didn't like to move the machine because we had to break it down for overhead clearance so they just left it on my job and let me deal with it.One of the track motors leaked 5 gallons a day.My dust control. Ron G
That thing is a beast. makes mine look like a toy. I should have a chance to get it off the trailer soon and get the stick back on it. I need it to unload the 3 engines, welder and bunch of other stuff we brought back.
I doubt there is any technical information on this anywhere? It is pretty simple all mechanical machine. Still sometimes nice to have some tech info to learn all the tricks and different configurations. One thing that is odd about this machine is that it has a 4 cylinder engine. I think I read that they came with a 6 cylinder continental. Not sure what brand this one is but I am going to need a fuel pump for sure. It is a standard ac delco fuel pump. Dont know if it is obsolete or not.