An old timer's collection in Soap Lake. There are some gems mixed in with the junk. For @DMiller , a binder of corn Cute little JD dozer with a braden winch International dozer
At the same place, a little coupe body of unknown pedigree Down the road at Ephrata at the Grant County Museum, some stationary belt driven threshers and a Cat dozer
There are derelict combines everywhere. Up by my friend's property, this JD is sidehilling in the weeds and pines. This old classic is hiding behind some trucks and trees. Look at the canvas frame for the shade.
The highlight for me was a visit to Auggie's Ag sales. I spotted this colorful row of americana on the way out and stopped this afternoon on the way home. Loved this dead sexy Minneapolis-Moline
He had just brought home the 1941 Case 'V'
I learned to drive on a 1949 Case VAC. My dad still has it and operates it as necessary along with a 1953 DC. To him they are just farm tractors to use, break, and repair as necessary.
The orange one intrigues me, any other info, like a brand name?
Stuff like that is laying all over eastern Washington and Oregon, That steamer I'm fairly sure is a Buffalo Pitt,
Not seen a boiler fire in decades Orange and red is Minne Moline
The stuff in Soap Lake, that fellow is getting up there and he would take offers. I would hate to see that Buffalo Pitts go to a scrap heap. I took a picture of his number off the fence. The little johnny would be great yard art too, IMO.
Allis-Chalmers Next to a quartet in green. that end one is not a JD, I don't think. a "B" without electric start and a "B" with electric start
Last year of the "A" 1953, next to a '63 Minnie Moline with 63 HP. That one he would sell now. He pointed out a few he would sell. He has about 23K into his collection and is a hero in my book, they are right alongside a highway where you can see them. Auggie with his collection. I have his number too. Case VAC Farmall Cub
A Massey-Harris ready to harvest the corn He proudly said this McCormick Farmall was a real sweet runner, and he had driven it in the Wenatchee parade this year.
That was a Oliver in the batch of Deer's.
This collection was on hyw 12 just before Dayton. There's only one left, owner was getting too old he said to keep the tractors.
I guy I've known from way back-45 years or so. Has a unique collection that would make others tiny. Hidden away in Kittitas Valley at the end of Robinson Canyon Rd. Bill Charles started the collection back in the 50's. His son Buck Charles continued in his dads footsteps and really expanded the collection. Buck has a collection of steamers, Hart Parr's, Deer's. But mainly odd models. He has a huge collection of stationary engines from small to great big, a chain saw collection, odd one off engines of very low production. His collection is massive and some of it worth a small fortune because some pieces are the only known to exist. His stuff is privet and doesn't really show to everyone.
One of the tractors in your pictures above might be in Auggie's collection. It is how time marches on.
Your taking about the Case.
I texted Auggie and he said no, no shopping out near Dayton. I think I'd like to have that little deere crawler with winch for yard art. Now to convince my wife
I'm not sure/ IIRC those were converted by Lindeman I believe was the name.
That Farmall "Super A" looks to be a cousin to my Farmall "BN" that I use to mow the back yard. A little older version of the Woods mower. That one runs off the side PTO pulley where mine runs off the rear facing PTO shaft. Also mine is not all that fancy with the hydraulics. If I want to raise the mower deck I have to use the "Armstrong" lift!