Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Once in a Lifetime for me today

HeyUvaVT ยท 2008-08-11 14:54

Well today I think I may have had my one time shot...friend of mine works for a large company here in VA shows up and says "hey you like iron right? why dont you come with me for a minute?" we hop in the truck and take a short ride down to a satellite pit his boss owns in our area and peaking at me through the trees is the biggest hoe I have ever seen in person....Hitachi ex750 with a 4.25yd bucket... :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy Now we clear lots and I play with our Tak TB175 all the time but this beast was amazing...I got to play around with it for about 15minutes and the feeling of power coming through those controls was amazing even if for a short few minutes.... :usa Just wanted to share this because I am sure its the one and only time I will ever get to be in a machine of that size but its something I won't ever forget... and I am now TRULY jealous of all of you on here that get to run the really big toys everyday!!!! :Banghead unfortunately no digi cam only cell phone and I am not sure how to get them on the computer... :bash:bash

Replies19
  1. #1AtlasRob2008-08-11 17:17

    Congratulations and welcome to the world of the BIG sand box I am sure many will agree an experience no man should be denied. :drinkup

  2. #2Steve Frazier2008-08-11 19:09

    I think you'll need to email the pictures to yourself and then you can upload them here from your computer.

  3. #3tonka2008-08-11 19:22

    if you have photobucket you can send them to that, via a text message

  4. #4Dirtman20072008-08-11 21:16

    Sounds like you had fun! I also had one of those chances a while back, got to take a couple scoops with a cat 5110 Excavator with a 10 yard bucket. made my normal rides ( 25 ton excavators) feel like little play toys! Here's me standing in the bucket

  5. #5HeyUvaVT2008-08-12 07:20

    WOW now THAT is a big fella there....steve will do on the pics thanks! does it work for videos too?

  6. #6oakland2008-08-12 13:44

    this is the biggest excavator ive ever seen it was loading 3 terex adts

  7. #7oisinirish2008-08-12 15:30

    Big Hoes! Cool for you. I had a similar experience when I got to run our mass-ex guy's 385. That damn thing's like driving a house. We were digging in a sandy soil and they had an 11yd bucket on the thing. Could load a 40 ton off-road in like 15 seconds. Great great fun!

  8. #8cat 3852008-08-12 20:11

    gotta love the big diggers.:drinkup

  9. #9HeyUvaVT2008-08-13 10:56

    got back to the pit today and got some quick pics..my buddy wasn't there tho so didnt get to fire it up today but got some shots none the less! :drinkup

  10. #10HeyUvaVT2008-08-13 10:58

    more pics

  11. #11Wolf2008-08-13 13:08

    Hey, HeyUvaVT: That is one awesome machine---big power. I hope you get some more seat time in it when your buddy returns to the site. Pictures are great, man.

  12. #12curly2008-08-13 21:04

    Good lord, I can only imagine the damage I could do with that!

  13. #13Dirtman20072008-08-13 21:49

    That's a good size machine! Wish I had that on a couple jobs I've done in the past. Wonder what the hourly rate is for a machine that size? $250-$300 an hour?

  14. #14Jim2008-08-14 03:24

    Cool. I just wonder how can you guys change the buckets? So heavy to move

  15. #15HeyUvaVT2008-08-14 07:28

    i dont know about the bucket but i know that when they move that machine from site to site it takes 7 trailers...one track on each trailer then the boom and stick and bucket then the counter weight and then the rest of the machine...i want to go check it out when they start taking it apart..they are bringin in a terex crane but first they have to widen and re-grade the access road because the machine has been there so long that the road has been washed out and over run..was hard to get up in my 4x4 pick up

  16. #16JimBruce422008-08-14 19:47

    Good pics, what were/are they using that 750 for? They really gotta break that down huh? I got a pics from a buddy of mine when they pulled the Cat 375 our of Richmond, and they only dropped the ct'w and bucket/stick. Course it was pulled out on a 3x3x3 trailer too :usa

  17. #17Dirtman20072008-08-24 17:59

    Found this big ole cat 375 today and took a couple pictures for size reference!

  18. #18Wolf2008-08-24 18:25

    awesome power in that 375 machine. cool. :notworthy

  19. #19HeyUvaVT2008-08-26 07:19

    i thought it odd that they took it down that far too....they were using the 750 for loading road trucks for a short haul to a rehab/widening of a local roadway...chris...SWEET pics man....i am hooked on big stuff now...hard to look at the lil ole tak the same now ha ha