Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

One for the Case 400 series 3 guys

fencefool ยท 2014-12-09 01:07

I've got a 2008 420ct-3 and it runs at idle while using a post pounder a lot of the time. I noticed there was an exhaust aspirator that ties into the air filter housing from the exhaust pipe. I don't know if this is the same type of system as an exhaust gas return like the new trucks have that cause alot of problems and I was wondering if I will have problems running at idle with this system and do I need to ever service the aspirator and can it even be serviced? Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1KSSS2014-12-09 01:55

    That aspirator is invaluable in high dust conditions. It sucks the dirt from the air filter and expels it out the exhaust pipe. I have had that on numerous CASE skid steers. Since I live in a high desert environment, it saves me hundreds of dollars in air filters every year. You will have zero problems with it. If you are running in a real dirty environment for a period of time, look at the inside of the exhaust pipe and it will be shiny from the dirt being expelled out the exhaust.

  2. #2fencefool2014-12-09 10:35

    Thanks. it makes sense now after looking at it closer. I have noticed that the filters do stay cleaner.