Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

One liner thread

Mother Deuce · 2019-11-01 05:30

Like today... my back is sore, I woke up tired and it is raining One liner = I am not feeling "it" today.

Replies344
  1. #1Ronsii2019-11-01 10:00

    Thank God it's Friday!!!!!

  2. #2TD242019-11-01 12:02

    The sun is shining, money is rattling,meat is frying., a good day.

  3. #3funwithfuel2019-11-01 13:02

    When me n vetech show up on the same thread, "there goes the neighborhood "

  4. #4Tags2019-11-01 16:25

    Good enough for dirt work!

  5. #5Mike L2019-11-01 16:41

    Ain’t got a nickel in it

  6. #6Mike L2019-11-01 16:42

    Can’t see it from my house

  7. #7funwithfuel2019-11-01 17:26

    Well, that's the way the mop flops. That's gonna leave a mark. You raise stupid to an artform. Ain't no thread like a cross-thread. Didn't we do this once already?

  8. #8Mike L2019-11-01 17:36

    Uglier than a bucket of buttholes. Dumber than a box of rocks

  9. #9Ronsii2019-11-01 19:32

    Seems like deja vue'

  10. #10petepilot2019-11-01 19:58

    law of the jungle & way the cookie crumbles anybody lost ?

  11. #11Mother Deuce2019-11-01 20:01

    Mostly

  12. #12Mother Deuce2019-11-01 20:07

    This thread seemed like a good idea this morning... almost needed to erect shear legs over the bed to yard out my sorry carcass. Definitely wasn't feeling it. I stopped Janine's office in the quarry to try to borrow a AED so I could jump start my self.

  13. #13Truck Shop2019-11-01 20:09

    That's the way it is out here in the west.

  14. #14Mother Deuce2019-11-01 20:11

    Your killin' me

  15. #15Truck Shop2019-11-01 20:11

    He's like a monkey in a cage looking for a place to ****.

  16. #16Ronsii2019-11-01 20:19

    The grass is always greener...

  17. #17Truck Shop2019-11-01 20:25

    If he could only drive half as good as he talked.

  18. #18Ronsii2019-11-01 20:32

    Looks like a wreck waiting to happen.

  19. #19Tinkerer2019-11-01 20:42

    Sh#t happens !!

  20. #20DIYDAVE2019-11-01 20:51

    Good enough for gubmint work...

  21. #21chroniekon2019-11-01 20:59

    I could have been injured or seriously killed

  22. #22GregsHD2019-11-01 21:04

    The only thing you can count on in life, is death.

  23. #23GregsHD2019-11-01 21:06

    The ol' truck looks 10 outta 10 at 110!

  24. #24Truck Shop2019-11-01 21:10

    If his skill set is a box of crayola's we're in trouble.

  25. #25funwithfuel2019-11-01 21:18

    So

  26. #26funwithfuel2019-11-01 21:30

    That's it man , game over, GAME OVER!

  27. #27Tyler d4c2019-11-01 22:26

    It only takes once. Apples to many many things.

  28. #28_Weldman_2019-11-01 23:19

    Some gave all, all gave some... And some profited off it...

  29. #29AzIron2019-11-02 00:26

    Well it seemed like a great idea at time usually accompanied with. Talk about your all time backfires My new one I used on a 23 year old superintendent yesterday those who cant work teach and those who cant teach are superintendents

  30. #30KyS6502019-11-02 04:22

    Looks like a drunk monkey with a hammer got ahold of it.

  31. #31Tinkerer2019-11-02 07:42

    Sh#ts gonna hit the fan when he sees this !

  32. #32kshansen2019-11-02 09:08

    "He could turn a bowling ball to dust if he was locked in a padded cell buck necked!" We have all known operators like that!

  33. #33Tags2019-11-02 09:23

    You can’t make chicken salad outta chicken ****

  34. #34Canadian_digger2019-11-02 09:26

    We are working for GE today. Good enough!

  35. #35Ronsii2019-11-02 09:28

    Looks great from my house!!!

  36. #36Nige2019-11-02 09:33

    "There's nothing like organization - and what we have here is nothing like organization"

  37. #37DB22019-11-02 09:56

    One of my late father’s favourites “You’d stick your pr*ck in a stone pile if you thought there was a snake in there”

  38. #38Nige2019-11-02 10:05

    Those who can, do - Those who can't become teachers - And those who can't do either become politicians.

  39. #39John C.2019-11-02 10:36

    I'm alive and kicking. There is no more pathetic human being than one who can only make themselves look good by making everyone else look bad!

  40. #40GregsHD2019-11-02 11:14

    When the owner has high expectations of me fixing up his wore out jerry rigged junk. Tryin' to make birthday cake outta dog ****!

  41. #41_Weldman_2019-11-02 12:23

    Hold my beer, watch this... A lack of planning on your part doesn’t constitute an emergency on my part...

  42. #42Nige2019-11-02 14:06

    Of course I want it yesterday - if I'd wanted it today I'd have waited until tomorrow to ask you for it.........

  43. #43funwithfuel2019-11-02 14:08

    When asked,"how ya doin?" My reply is either, still kickin or another day on the right side of the dirt.

  44. #44DMiller2019-11-02 14:11

    Ooops! Who put that there? Why'd they put that there?

  45. #45DMiller2019-11-02 14:15

    Survival, Only have to run faster than the slowest guy/gal.

  46. #46funwithfuel2019-11-02 15:31

    And that is how a puny .25 caliber can save you from a bear. Shoot the other guy in the foot, then beat feet outta there.

  47. #47Wilson8922019-11-02 15:37

    Sewage workers. “Might be **** to you. Bread and butter to me. “ John

  48. #48_Weldman_2019-11-02 15:57

    I make Sh#t happen...

  49. #49chroniekon2019-11-02 16:01

    Where there is a will...there is relatives

  50. #50funwithfuel2019-11-02 16:02
  51. #51kshansen2019-11-02 16:23

    Did you know one of my bosses? that was more or less one of his favorite replies! I think he worded it more like"Of course I want it today if I wanted it next week I'd call you next week!"

  52. #52Mike L2019-11-02 19:13

    He could break an anvil with a banana

  53. #53hosspuller2019-11-02 19:29

    I am dubious of your veracity.

  54. #54Ronsii2019-11-02 20:01

    That's true, no doubt

  55. #55Tags2019-11-02 20:27

    60-60 guarantee, 60 feet or 60 seconds, whichever comes first.

  56. #56_Weldman_2019-11-02 21:54

    More of along the lines of this...

  57. #57_Weldman_2019-11-02 21:56

    If you see me running, try to keep up cause I’m not doing it for my health...

  58. #58cuttin edge2019-11-03 00:30

    They'll fix that with the asphalt. You can't see it from the road. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas. At least you could have missed me first. Keep an eye on it

  59. #59Ronsii2019-11-03 00:48

    If at first you succeed don't try again.

  60. #60chroniekon2019-11-03 01:48

    He could tear the handle off of a crowbar

  61. #61Nige2019-11-03 04:44

    Kindly explain to me exactly why your lack of forward planning should now constitute my emergency.? (I use that one a LOT)

  62. #62Mother Deuce2019-11-03 06:01

    I got... "she could rip a door off a Kenworth" once. I didn't have to, as the crew was just messing with me

  63. #63Wilson8922019-11-03 08:29

    As useful as a screen door on a submarine. Has the speed of a disabled turtle.

  64. #64Tyler d4c2019-11-03 09:10

    What would 6 inches do for you

  65. #65Tags2019-11-03 10:17

    Don’t break your arm patting yourself on the back

  66. #66Ronsii2019-11-03 11:10

    Well.... ya' got me there.

  67. #67Bls repair2019-11-03 17:21

    Use your head for something besides a hat rack That machine has two levers ,lever A and lever B and that’s what you should do Lever B.

  68. #68Mike L2019-11-03 18:25

    We never have time to fix it right but we always find time to fix it twice.

  69. #69Ronsii2019-11-03 18:50

    Well... hows about I just kick you in the balz and we'll call it even

  70. #70CM19952019-11-03 19:24

    There's no sense in showing the whole world how stupid you are..

  71. #71Tags2019-11-03 19:39

    You should play hide and go ***k yourself

  72. #72ianjoub2019-11-03 19:54

    It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

  73. #73funwithfuel2019-11-03 20:18

    I often find myself quoting Mr Lincoln.

  74. #74hosspuller2019-11-03 21:17

    Reminds me of the Mexican Fireman... His wife had identical twins. They named first boy Jose' and the second Hose B

  75. #75kshansen2019-11-04 12:33

    Here's one off a motorcycle forum that could be reworked for anyone with a project that is out of hand: "If my wife asks this is about $50 of motorcycle parts!"

  76. #76Mother Deuce2019-11-04 12:39

    Here's one I heard on Sunday... "Your working nightshift Monday and Tuesday"

  77. #77chroniekon2019-11-04 13:02

    If it cost a dollar to get out of town, I couldn't get out of sight.

  78. #78funwithfuel2019-11-04 14:37

    I've seen a meme that states, my biggest fear is, when I die that my wife will sell my tools and guns for what I told her I paid.

  79. #79Truck Shop2019-11-04 19:15

    How busy are you someone asks, {Busier than cat trying burying **** on a concrete floor}.

  80. #80_Weldman_2019-11-04 20:17

    I'm too broke to even pay attention.

  81. #81_Weldman_2019-11-04 20:19

    Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

  82. #82Ronsii2019-11-04 20:23

    You just can't make this stuff up!!!

  83. #83chroniekon2019-11-04 23:42

    He's more nervous than a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs

  84. #84Nige2019-11-04 23:58

    Busier than a one-armed wallpaper hanger.

  85. #85Bumpsteer2019-11-05 00:50

    Looks like a monkey ******* a football.... Ed

  86. #86spitzair2019-11-05 00:59

    There is no situation so bad that my father can’t make it worse.......

  87. #87funwithfuel2019-11-05 06:30

    I've always heard it as,"looks like a couple of monkeys trying to f@ck a football. " when describing 2 guys trying really hard to do something so simple.

  88. #88Mike852019-11-05 07:34

    Nothing around here is impossible, unless you're doing it.

  89. #89Ronsii2019-11-05 09:49

    You couldn't be a dumb as you look....

  90. #90gtermini2019-11-05 11:19

    You work like old people screw; slow and not very often.

  91. #91chroniekon2019-11-05 11:35

    I don't have enough time and crayons to explain this to you

  92. #92Tones2019-11-05 16:34

    If you had clue's for shoe's you'd be walking bare footed

  93. #93Tones2019-11-05 16:37

    If you had **** for brains there wouldn't be enough to leave skid marks in your indies.

  94. #94Nige2019-11-05 17:21

    If brains were dynamite you wouldn’t be able to blow the wax out of your ears.

  95. #95Mike L2019-11-05 18:19

    Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest

  96. #96RZucker2019-11-05 18:51

    You cant fix stupid... But you can kill it.

  97. #97Treetop2019-11-05 19:08

    Stopped by a friend of mine who runs a heavy haul company, new guy wanting a job is there. As the new guy crawled up in the truck and looked at all those gauges and switches. The owner looked at me and said " lord he looks like a monkey doing math problems"

  98. #98kshansen2019-11-05 19:27

    Yea but at least he looked at the gauges that's more than some "drivers/operators" would ever do!

  99. #99Truck Shop2019-11-05 20:07

    Reply when someone says it's a noisy truck cab or noisy to drive, { Yep she's noisy alright-sounds worse than two skeletons fu#%ing on a tin roof}.

  100. #100funwithfuel2019-11-05 21:02

    Some folks are alive only cuz it's illegal to kill them.

  101. #101_Weldman_2019-11-05 22:25

    It ain't leaking oil, it's sweating...

  102. #102John C.2019-11-06 00:48

    That's not leakage, it's just marking its territory.

  103. #103Ronsii2019-11-06 00:52

    They don't call it detroit floor wax for nothing

  104. #104Tags2019-11-06 07:19

    You can’t tell your ass from a hole in the ground

  105. #105gtermini2019-11-06 10:59

    Couldn't pour **** out of a boot if the directions were written on the sole.

  106. #106_Weldman_2019-11-06 12:16

    Should of poured more bleach in the gene pool... Their mom should of swallowed that night...

  107. #107farmerlund2019-11-07 21:19

    To the unfriendly bar maids: " if you don't like us now, you're going to hate us later."

  108. #108Tags2019-11-08 09:11

    The back of a septic pump truck.... “We’re number one in the number two business”

  109. #109Welder Dave2019-11-08 12:03

    The back of the septic truck we had come a couple times said: You dump, We pump

  110. #110chroniekon2019-11-08 15:10

    There used to be a garbage truck around here that had a sign on the back: Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Trash Back

  111. #111sled dog2019-11-08 17:16

    Dave, I've seen one that says "Yesterdays Meals On Wheels" ....

  112. #112Truck Shop2019-11-08 18:16

    What to say when you see guy wearing a belt and suspenders {there's a man who doesn't trust his pants}.

  113. #113ianjoub2019-11-08 18:25

    And off into the gutter: That was like rolling a hotdog down a hallway.

  114. #114petepilot2019-11-08 18:29

    look up (stoolbus) for a chuckle

  115. #115DIYDAVE2019-11-08 20:24

    I always remember that scene...

  116. #116_Weldman_2019-11-08 23:07

    Life is like toilet paper, you're either on a roll or taking **** from some *******.

  117. #117Norwegian Steam2019-11-08 23:40

    “That guy is about a half bubble off plumb”

  118. #118Norwegian Steam2019-11-08 23:41

    Colder than a well diggers ass

  119. #119Bls repair2019-11-10 09:47

    Life is like a fan,if your in front of it ,it’s a breeze,if behind it ,it sucks.

  120. #120sfrs42019-11-12 08:44

    Don't put ya fingers where you wouldn't put d!(k. You can't polish a tu&d, but ya can sure as hell roll it in glitter.

  121. #121Blocker in MS2019-11-12 21:48

    Got a personal variation on this one. We were doing the dirt on a now infamous power plant. There was a young, very talented, shy genius of a boy dragging finish grade on one of the building foundations we just had gotten filled. It was a LARGE several acre pad. He is 3/4 across it on his last finish pass and a guy in an off road truck makes tracks across. No one said anything. He came on the radio and said “that is like rat tracks on your wedding cake”. I will probably never forget that one.

  122. #122_Weldman_2019-11-12 22:02

    Actually you can polish a terd, they did it on Mythbusters... You can polish a terd, but it’s still a terd.

  123. #123Blocker in MS2019-11-12 22:06

    The welder’s guarantee-if it breaks, you can keep both pieces.

  124. #124Welder Dave2019-11-12 22:09

    I'll believe you this time but never lie again.

  125. #125Wilson8922019-11-13 07:23

    If clues where shoes the boy would be walking barefoot.

  126. #126Ronsii2019-11-13 09:43

    How's it hangin'???

  127. #127gtermini2019-11-13 10:56

    If I wanted to hear an ******** speak, I'd fart.

  128. #128Blocker in MS2019-11-13 10:56

    Measure once and curse twice. Cut it twice and it is still too short.

  129. #129Blocker in MS2019-11-13 11:48

    If you do not expect too much, you might not be let down.

  130. #130Blocker in MS2019-11-13 12:53

    Grease is like money, if a little will do you a little good, a lot will do you a lot of good.

  131. #131partsandservice2019-11-15 18:48

    When you play stupid games ,you win stupid prizes

  132. #132Tags2019-11-16 22:36

    He doesn't have a pot to **** in or a window to throw it out of

  133. #133partsandservice2019-11-16 23:46

    Five percent of the work takes ninety five percent of the time.

  134. #134Ronsii2019-11-17 00:09

    I know that one all too well Some days it just doesn't pay to get outta bed.

  135. #135wornout wrench2019-11-17 02:23

    Couldn't find his *** with both hands

  136. #136DMiller2019-11-17 09:27

    Many will NOT understand, 'Just won or lined up to win the, or Worthless as a Fur Lined **** Pot'.

  137. #1371693TA2019-11-17 10:02

    You know the honeymoon's over when your wife comes in and takes a *hit while you're brushing your teeth.

  138. #138spitzair2019-11-17 23:58

    There’s nothing more permanent than a temporary fix that works!

  139. #139chroniekon2019-11-22 16:02

    When all else fails...stretch the spring.

  140. #140_Weldman_2019-11-22 17:52

    Little low and to the right

  141. #141Ronsii2019-11-22 18:06

    You're other RIGHT!!!!!!

  142. #142Blocker in MS2019-11-25 20:21

    It is only flat on the bottom.

  143. #143chroniekon2019-11-25 20:51

    I worked with an mechanical engineer that had two sayings. 1. When in doubt build it stout 2. Everything is a spring

  144. #144Blocker in MS2019-11-25 21:00

    Drive it like you stole it!

  145. #145kshansen2019-11-26 08:49

    Not to get too far OT here but that one always hit me wrong. If I was going to "steal" say a car I would drive nice and easy, signaling turns and obeying all traffic rules till I got to the "chop house"! Way too many times you hear about some drug smuggler or other Ne'er-do-well getting caught when being pulled over for some stupid little traffic infraction or a bad taillight.

  146. #146Blocker in MS2019-11-26 12:45

    The greatest dirt rig owner/operator I have ever met used to say “If it is not rough, then you are not going fast enough.”

  147. #147Blocker in MS2019-11-26 20:21

    You may be on to something there! I have enough trouble keeping the paid for stuff running around here....no need to steal another mouth to feed as it were

  148. #148Blocker in MS2019-11-26 20:22

    If it ain’t broke, your not trying....there have to be a bunch of Red Green fans here!

  149. #149RZucker2019-11-26 20:24

    For those of us that drove old 8V-71 Detroits it was "Drive it like you're mad at it"

  150. #150Truck Shop2019-11-26 21:39

    So----you want to be a mechanic? Was born under a wandering star. You look like you were pulled through a knot hole backwards He looks like the hind wheels of hard luck. Bad day? Your look'n like the last rose of summer.

  151. #151AusDave2019-11-27 00:20

    Maybe it should read “Drive it like a rented car!”

  152. #152Mother Deuce2019-11-27 03:22

    I was told to "slam your hand in the door" before driving a Detroit

  153. #153sled dog2019-11-27 04:34

    All bleeding eventually stops

  154. #154DIYDAVE2019-11-27 07:02
  155. #155colson042019-11-27 07:41

    Old mechanic down the road told me about the same time.

  156. #156KSSS2019-11-27 09:55

    "You look like five miles of bad road". "P for Plenty" Part of the formula using explosives, but has many other applications. "slicker than whale poop in a ice flow". "so ugly you could make a freight train take a gravel road" "hotter than a half sexed fox in a forest fire" that one loses it appeal when made PG friendly. I have many more …...I will be on the site all day.

  157. #157DMiller2019-11-27 11:03

    First day as a Truck Mechanic, to test drive a 8V71T RTO 9513. Senior tech walks me out says to slam my hand in the door three times to get GOOD And Angry then get in the cab. DID NOT SLAM my own hand, he sits with a yard stick in Jump seat, every move of Left Leg toward clutch after start off until come to a stop slapped right hand on shifter! Was essentially taught to Float Shift as the madder I got the Better I got.

  158. #158Mike L2019-11-27 16:39

    Beat it like a rented mule

  159. #159Ronsii2019-11-27 16:41

    I love it when a plan comes together!!!

  160. #160RZucker2019-11-27 17:25

    "We ain't building a piano here"

  161. #161Mother Deuce2019-11-27 17:29

    I heard that a lot from a very professional rockery builder I had the pleasure of working with.

  162. #162KSSS2019-11-27 17:33

    I use that one as well only its a "Grand" piano.

  163. #163Truck Shop2019-11-27 18:04

    I heard that as well only it was by a pole barn builder. We ain't building no piano here just a big out house.

  164. #164Joel592019-11-27 19:09

    “Proper prior planning prevents **** poor performance”

  165. #165Mother Deuce2019-11-27 19:12

    My father favored "This is a Mickey Mouse program" which recently I have been using as "just another Walt Disney production"

  166. #166chroniekon2019-11-27 19:52

    measure it twice, cut it once

  167. #167ianjoub2019-11-27 19:56

    It never did that before....

  168. #168DMiller2019-11-27 20:16

    Crank 'er til the water boils Then choke it!!

  169. #169colson042019-11-27 20:38

    Hmm, I cut it twice and it's still too short.

  170. #170KSSS2019-11-27 20:41

    And that is why I don't bang nails for a living.

  171. #171DIYDAVE2019-11-27 20:47

    Did I hear a request?

  172. #172DIYDAVE2019-11-27 20:49

    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency, on my part...

  173. #173chroniekon2019-11-27 20:53

    Get it as tight as it will go, then give it two more turns.

  174. #174RZucker2019-11-27 20:53

    Let's not forget the famous quote from the dealer rep regarding warranty issues... "We've never seen that before"

  175. #175Truck Shop2019-11-27 21:11

    Even more common--Driver error.

  176. #176chroniekon2019-11-27 21:36

    I had an arm break off of a Snap-On brake cylinder hone back in the early 1970's. I showed it to the Snap-On guy when he came around the next time. He took one look at it and said "It broke, lifetime must be over".

  177. #177ianjoub2019-11-27 23:32

    Tighten it until it gets loose, then back it out 1/2 a turn. Tight is tight, too tight is broke.

  178. #178Ronsii2019-11-28 00:10

    Would you like fries with that???

  179. #179kshansen2019-11-28 07:00

    Or "They all do that!"

  180. #180Nige2019-11-28 07:21

    "Good enough for this class of agriculture." "Of course I want it yesterday. If I'd wanted it today I'd have waited until tomorrow to ask you for it."

  181. #181Ronsii2019-11-28 12:03

    "Well..... it was making a horrible racket a couple minutes before the engine seized..."

  182. #182_Weldman_2019-11-28 13:46

    Crooked built house stands stronger than perfect built house. Cost more and requires more building materials to build rectangular structure than square one.

  183. #183Ronsii2019-11-28 13:47

    Looks good from my house

  184. #184Nige2019-11-28 13:49

    "A blind man on a galloping horse would be glad to see it."

  185. #185DMiller2019-11-28 16:40

    Good enough for the Gal's I go with That left a LOT open!!!

  186. #186Truck Shop2019-11-28 18:41

    I can hear the PC squad now--OH MY, You Nasty Man.

  187. #187DMiller2019-11-28 18:58

    TeeHee!!

  188. #188Theweldor2019-11-28 19:02

    That stuff is harder than woodpecker lips !!

  189. #189Mike L2019-11-28 19:43

    Tougher than boiled owl.

  190. #190Truck Shop2019-11-28 20:03

    The one liner I live by,--{The enemy of good is better}

  191. #191Ronsii2019-11-28 20:08

    For better or worse... it's yours now

  192. #192muzy2019-11-28 20:53

    Fill your boots.

  193. #193RZucker2019-11-28 21:22

    My welding warrantee... "If it breaks, you can keep both pieces".

  194. #194Ronsii2019-11-28 21:25

    My welding warrantee....30 feet or 30 seconds... whichever comes first!!!

  195. #195Blocker in MS2019-11-28 21:29

    Heard a salesman say “No I would not lie!....I have been known to keep talking after the truth ran out though.”

  196. #196_Weldman_2019-11-29 03:11

    ....stand/stood out like turd in a punch bowl

  197. #197Wilson8922019-11-29 07:08

    It’s tighter than a fleas butt hole stretched across a rain barrel. John

  198. #198ianjoub2019-11-29 09:01

    I always offered 2 warranties: 50/50, 50 feet or 50 seconds, whichever came first Or the famous 219 warranty, My shop is on US Hwy 19, warrantied all the way through the parking lot to the road

  199. #199DMiller2019-11-29 09:06

    Tighten half turn past squeal. Tighter'n times in '29 or Harder than times in '29(From my Pop) Tighter'n Dick's Hatband Slicker than snot on a marble. Slower than snot sliding off a marble. And the First Word I ever spoke, quoted from my Mom's side Grandfather: Sumbich!!

  200. #200Nige2019-11-29 09:12

    Reminds me of one popular with a workmate in AL many years ago........... "It slid in slicker'n a d**k in a barrel of lard"

  201. #201colson042019-11-29 10:10

    German torque spec: Goodentite.

  202. #202John C.2019-11-29 10:14

    I can run faster scared than you can mad.

  203. #203TD242019-11-29 14:18

    Chicken today, feathers tomorrow...

  204. #204Mike L2019-11-29 16:19

    Slicker than greased owl s***

  205. #205Mike L2019-11-29 16:20

    Is it fear or lack of courage?

  206. #206Ronsii2019-11-29 17:55

    God hates a coward -- I hear this a lot from certain oldtimers

  207. #207Ronsii2019-11-29 18:23

    When you pay with peanuts you get nutty work.

  208. #208Truck Shop2019-11-29 18:41

    One ping one ping only.

  209. #209Ronsii2019-11-29 18:54

    Ding dong the witch is dead!!!

  210. #210Truck Shop2019-11-29 19:04

    I'm too tired maybe later.

  211. #211Ronsii2019-11-29 19:11

    You can't win em' all....

  212. #212chroniekon2019-11-29 20:42

    From an old fabricator I worked with having a bad day...The only way I can get a good fit is to throw one

  213. #213Truck Shop2019-11-29 21:10

    For someone who can't shift a manual Eaton without grinding the gears-[He couldn't hit a bull in the *** with a base fiddle}.

  214. #214RZucker2019-11-30 00:51

    "They tried rubber gears to prevent grinding, now they're trying water gears so you can just pour 'em together" Got that one from old Carl P.

  215. #215Ronsii2019-11-30 00:55

    Should be able to get a more fluid shift from that....

  216. #216Nige2019-11-30 06:14

    "Squeeze 'em all into a corner of the box. You have to find one somewhere."

  217. #217Truck Shop2019-11-30 07:49

    Carl Prosser, There was fellow who could slam a pint of Makers Mark and the smell in the bottle was gone too, beer-every can had his name on it. In his day he was a pretty good mechanic as long as he he couldn't get a sniff of alcohol-if that happened work was over.

  218. #218DMiller2019-11-30 07:58

    Can't find 'em Grind 'em will make them of rubber next year was always a line!!

  219. #219Tags2019-11-30 10:59

    Does a bear **** in the woods!?

  220. #220Mother Deuce2019-11-30 11:03

    Naahh... I just relocated.

  221. #221Ronsii2019-11-30 11:21

    LOL!!! MD I wondered who'd get it

  222. #222colson042019-11-30 11:24
  223. #223Truck Shop2019-11-30 19:52

    The movie Goldfinger-after electrocuting a bad guy Bonds remark was {Shocking, Positively Shocking}

  224. #224Mother Deuce2019-12-01 08:35

    I just had the broom in the shop and had them change the straw to studded traction straw...

  225. #225Mother Deuce2019-12-01 19:38

    Tonights one liner is "Snow Day Tomorrow and Tuesday"

  226. #226Ronsii2019-12-01 19:40

    Wouldn't that one-liner be more like... **** school or work....

  227. #227Tags2019-12-01 19:46

    More like “**** the Snow!” Or Mother Nature is a real B!tch

  228. #228Mother Deuce2019-12-01 19:51

    The place looks like a post card... however working in it for us is difficult, can't close a lane of course. The boss prefers not to run any trucks, rightfully so. So we wait... it will probably be Weds before we get back.

  229. #229Ronsii2019-12-01 19:51

    Yeah!!, That is a cool pic

  230. #230skadill2019-12-02 01:46

    'Man who says it can't be done,should not interupt man who is doing it' 'When its too hard for everyone else,its just right for us'

  231. #231Mother Deuce2019-12-02 07:37

    “Stylin’ New Hampshire footwear” today...

  232. #232sfrs42019-12-02 10:58

    The problem here, is the linkage between the seat and steering wheel.

  233. #233_Weldman_2019-12-02 13:10

    Hold my beer, watch this

  234. #234colson042019-12-02 13:33

    When I worked as a manufacturing engineer at a plant, it was often discovered that our assembly line problem lie "between the thumb switch and the floor mat".

  235. #235farmerlund2019-12-02 19:44

    Two things in this world you can't wear out.....one is a pigs nose.

  236. #236Truck Shop2019-12-02 21:04

    Probably the best add lib/one liner in movie history-The God Father-----------Leave the Gun, take the cannoli.

  237. #237Ronsii2019-12-02 21:19

    Oh deer!!!!!

  238. #238Truck Shop2019-12-02 21:52

    I'm a zit-get it. Animal House.

  239. #239seatwarmer2019-12-03 00:27

    PEBCAK: Problem exists between chair and keyboard.

  240. #240seatwarmer2019-12-03 02:11

    Playing with the lions nuts. (Warning that what you are going to do will end badly)

  241. #241Truck Shop2019-12-03 20:43

    I'm Walking Here!

  242. #242Truck Shop2019-12-03 20:58

    Charley's best one liner and he never even said anything.

  243. #243Ronsii2019-12-03 21:41

    You want the truth!!!, you can't handle the truth

  244. #244Truck Shop2019-12-04 07:16

    One of Jack's best lines.

  245. #245Mother Deuce2019-12-06 17:15

    I hate freakin' snow! I hate broken ribs!

  246. #246Truck Shop2019-12-06 18:37

    I have to ask the Q, are you suffering broken ribs?

  247. #247ianjoub2019-12-06 19:45

    Probably slipped and fell in the snow... If they are broken, let's make her laugh

  248. #248Truck Shop2019-12-06 20:05

    Let's not.

  249. #249ianjoub2019-12-06 20:20

    Had some broken ribs a few times myself. I know the pain. At least I didn't suggest some pepper to get a sneezing fit going!

  250. #250Truck Shop2019-12-06 21:21

    I know you were joking, and broken ribs are no picnic. In 84 I suffered 11 broken ribs in a jeep roll over. The last thing a person with broken ribs needs is to laugh, cough, sneeze or even pass gas.

  251. #251Mother Deuce2019-12-07 00:39

    LOL I appreciate that!

  252. #252Mother Deuce2019-12-07 00:42

    Uhmmm coughing is an adventure...I will probably lay-off broccoli for awhile too.

  253. #253Mother Deuce2019-12-07 00:46

    Geez I can’t imagine!

  254. #254_Weldman_2019-12-07 14:24

    Got 3 ribs permanently knocked in from getting hit in vest from bullet in war, that put me on driving only detail and off the front lines for few weeks. Felt like a sledge hammer to the chest, rage ensued that ended up getting me back on my feet and he took the room temperature challenge. War does not determine who is right – only who is left

  255. #255Welder Dave2019-12-10 01:25

    Read on a kids T-shirt... I want pizza not your opinion.

  256. #256seatwarmer2019-12-10 10:24

    brainfart: Like me wanted to post in the picture thread and ended up in the wrong one. eesh: I don't know, something is wrong, what the hell eeeeeeeessssh: ***, big F*up etc

  257. #257AusDave2019-12-10 22:02

    Hope for the best Expect the worst And anything better than crook’s good!

  258. #258Tags2019-12-12 18:43

    Cheap service isn't good and good service isn't cheap!

  259. #259RZucker2019-12-12 18:44

    "The worse you want it... The worse you'll get it"

  260. #260_Weldman_2019-12-12 20:21

    Best to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

  261. #261chroniekon2019-12-12 21:21

    If 'excretement orifices' could fly, this place would be an airport.

  262. #262Welder Dave2019-12-13 02:50

    Don't pee like a puppy if you want to run with the dogs.

  263. #263seatwarmer2019-12-13 03:42

    Are you smoking you socks ?

  264. #264sfrs42019-12-13 06:16

    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten...!"

  265. #265HATCHEQUIP2020-01-01 22:12

    How many monkeys does it take to f@ck that football

  266. #266HATCHEQUIP2020-01-01 22:15

    If it aint leaking check the oil it needs some

  267. #267donkey doctor2020-01-01 22:42

    Payday "The eagle $hits today"

  268. #268Tyler d4c2020-01-01 22:49

    Flip it over and use the other side....

  269. #269DMiller2020-01-02 06:47

    FUBAR, ***ked up beyond ALL Recognition.

  270. #27056wrench2020-01-02 20:17

    here's a good one I have on a t-shirt confidence - the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation

  271. #271HATCHEQUIP2020-01-06 15:49

    REMF

  272. #272DMiller2020-01-06 16:00

    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

  273. #273HATCHEQUIP2020-01-06 17:24

    D I gather you have some rather fond memories of some of those referred to in that context

  274. #274DMiller2020-01-06 17:58

    To the Rear March!!! Known a few of that logic.

  275. #275HATCHEQUIP2020-01-06 18:02

    big grin

  276. #276terex herder2020-01-09 08:44

    If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

  277. #277kshansen2020-01-09 11:18

    Yep! never come to a knife fight with just a knife!

  278. #278Ronsii2020-01-09 17:52

    If it moves salute it, if it doesn't paint it

  279. #279Joseph Marasco2020-01-10 07:42

    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

  280. #280Wilson8922020-01-10 08:32

    Confucius say woman who fly plane upside down have crack up. John

  281. #281seatwarmer2020-01-10 09:55

    Confucius say Woman who put husband in doghouse, soon find him in cathouse.

  282. #282Mother Deuce2020-01-11 10:31

    I feel like a rhino, must be rhinovirus

  283. #283terex herder2020-01-12 07:58

    " I've seen sicker dogs get well." That was Dad's favorite line when fixing something that was borderline on scrap.

  284. #28456wrench2020-01-12 12:07

    I used this one again the other day- I cut it twice and it was still too short

  285. #285old-iron-habit2020-01-12 21:04

    He spent 3 hours welding that hole bigger.

  286. #286Truck Shop2020-01-12 21:51

    Yah well there's another one of those-Confucius say man who go to bed with itching butt wake up with stinking finger.

  287. #287Tradesman2020-01-12 22:03

    “I’ve seen cattle hurt worse and live” Said about a rare steak

  288. #288terex herder2020-01-12 22:41

    If you gotta run junk, you gotta have a lot of it. If it ain't broke, it ain't mine.

  289. #289bcguide2020-02-04 08:40

    I've got 460 air conditioning. 4 windows down and 60 mph

  290. #290_Weldman_2020-02-04 11:10

    Confucius says woman who goes fishing with men come back with red snapper. No one dies a virgin, life f*ks us all in the ass.

  291. #291Mother Deuce2020-02-15 09:38

    Freakin’ cold!

  292. #292Welder Dave2020-02-15 11:14

    Cold? It's currently close to -20C here and the Numb bum 24 hour ice race for motorcycles and quads starts in a few hours. It could be worse though, there was 1 year where it was about -45C with the wind chill. Teams have to pay $250 to race. https://www.pdramx.com/2020-race

  293. #293Tradesman2020-02-15 11:23

    - 30 c here yesterday

  294. #294Mother Deuce2020-02-15 12:19

    LOL... well, I thought it was cold

  295. #295Welder Dave2020-02-15 13:47

    I know one of the guys that won on the really cold race. -45C is just the weather and doesn't include the bikes can go 60+ MPH on the long straights. His face was white except for where his goggles fit for a week after the race. He was covered and had it all duct taped up but it was bloody cold!

  296. #296Welder Dave2020-02-15 23:12

    I went to the Numb Bum today for a few hours. It was -10C when it started. With more snow a few days ago it cost $5000 just for the fuel to clear the snow and about 30K total to put the race on. They had a tractor with blade and power brush as well as several pick ups with blades to keep the track clean during the race. Too much snow from the screws in the tires chewing up the track eliminates traction for the tires/screws. When the ice screws hook up properly the traction is better than on dirt. The track was 14.1KM long.

  297. #297Mobiltech2020-02-16 08:34

    Wow , 5000 for fuel. What were they using to plowing snow?

  298. #298Ronsii2020-02-16 08:39

    I think they were using it for deicer.... Were running through 5k a month in fuel just to run 6 light towers at a site... and that's at 3$ a US gallon I can imagine up there it's a bit higher.

  299. #299Welder Dave2020-02-16 14:01

    A tractor and several pick up trucks to clear the track and parking lot on the lake. There was a lot of snow and then it snowed again a few days before the race and had to cleared again. The tractor and trucks are also continuously clearing during the race. There's also a few quads and support vehicles to help riders who have problems on the track, a couple light towers near the pits and start/finish line, generators for lap scoring and running heaters and stuff. There's a ton involved to put on the race but there's nothing else like it.

  300. #300old-iron-habit2020-02-17 02:49

    That race looks like a good time. How many riders are allowed on a team?

  301. #301Welder Dave2020-02-17 13:06

    I was mistaken. The track was 14.4KM long and also included separate roads for ambulance and track access. Winning/fastest bike team did 109 laps which is 1596.6KM (975 miles)! Teams can generally have as many riders as they want. I think the highest number was 5 on a team but lots with 3 or 4 riders. Some with only 2 and not this year but sometimes a single rider has done it! Seeing the map really makes you appreciate the work involved. Hoping someone might post a Go Pro going around the track. Here's the official 2020 Numb Bum 24 - in blue : 14.4 km " Race Track" - in red : Ambulance Emergency road and track access - in green : public Access road , pits , ring roads https://www.facebook.com/numbbum24/photos/a.542849779117134/2655068757895215/?type=3&theater https://www.facebook.com/numbbum24/photos/pcb.2652887898113301/2652887864779971/?type=3&theater https://www.facebook.com/numbbum24/photos/pcb.2656859477716143/2656858941049530/?type=3&theater

  302. #302Welder Dave2020-02-17 14:22

    https://www.race-monitor.com/Results/Session/6907756 https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=2298787297087454

  303. #303Mother Deuce2020-02-22 04:56

    How long does it take to prepare the track and associated accesses? Looks like it would take quite awhile.

  304. #304Welder Dave2020-02-22 13:25

    I know the person in charge took a month off work (self employed) to put on the race. I don't think all the time was spent clearing but would guess a couple of weeks at least. The picture with the tractor in post 302 was taken after the initial clearing was done when it snowed heavily again a few days before the race. Quite a few years ago I cleared the track with a skid steer because the local person who used to do it had moved away. That year we just had the main track and pit/parking area. The track was shorter and not as wide. There was a lot of snow though. Just opening up the access to get onto the lake took 45 minutes. Some of the snow was up to your knee's. I think it took 3 or 4 days.

  305. #305chroniekon2020-02-24 11:39

    The warning note on a co workers toolbox. Trespassers Will Be Violated

  306. #306Mobiltech2020-03-01 15:03

    A simple note about sledders that never venture off a groomed trail . That’s like having sex with your clothes on. You may call it a good ride but you miss a most of the best parts.

  307. #307Mike L2020-03-01 15:58

    Tougher than titanium woodpecker lips

  308. #308Tradesman2020-03-01 17:50

    Stiffer than a priests -/:;;; in a room full of choir boys

  309. #309old-iron-habit2020-03-03 17:36

    This one was used around here when some one said "Is that right?" back in the days when Ted Kennedy was still alive. "Does a bear **** in the woods, Is the pope polish, is Ted Kennedy gun shy?"

  310. #310chroniekon2020-03-03 18:21

    Other then that, what did you think of the theater Mrs Lincoln?

  311. #311RZucker2020-03-03 23:07

    "Does a Beaver **** wood chips?"...

  312. #312Shimmy12020-03-04 00:42

    I can show you how, but I can't learn you how.

  313. #313Coaldust2020-03-05 02:23

    When asked why something broke or is worn out,... It was used to much when it was new. ( I may have heard that first, here)

  314. #314_Weldman_2020-03-05 22:23

    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

  315. #315Michael Shuder2020-03-06 11:21

    TGIF!

  316. #316kshansen2020-03-06 16:12

    Know some guys that need to write that in the insole of their boots. For them it means: "Toes Go In First"

  317. #317Ronsii2020-03-06 16:23

    And... this would be for the ones that 'can't pour pizz out of a boot'...

  318. #318RZucker2020-03-11 21:04

    Some people are like a slinky... not worth much, but it brings a smile to your face when you push 'em down a flight of stairs.

  319. #319Greatwestcam2020-03-15 13:26

    My dad always liked this one when someone ask how's work going? Busier then a cat trying to bury a **** on a marble floor!

  320. #320Moonlite2020-03-15 17:23

    When a customer asks how fast a machine will be fixed. as fast as your checkbook will allow

  321. #321RZucker2020-03-20 01:19

    Had an interaction earlier today that reminded me of another "one liner" You cant fix stupid... But you can kill it.

  322. #322mitch5042020-03-20 09:19

    Hey, Cool! You killed one. I'm proud of you!

  323. #323chroniekon2020-03-20 12:26

    If brains were dynamite, you wouldn't have enough to blow your nose.

  324. #324_Weldman_2020-03-20 12:48

    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, riddle them with bullets.

  325. #325RZucker2020-03-20 18:03

    No. He's still walking around somewhere.

  326. #326Truck Shop2020-03-20 19:01

    He's working overtime to get overtime.

  327. #327_Weldman_2020-04-24 00:58

    Time to nut up or shut up...

  328. #328TD242020-04-24 10:19

    Or, "Good enough for government work."

  329. #329HATCHEQUIP2020-04-24 10:37

    You could have went all day without opening that can of worms "referencing to the above statement"

  330. #330_Weldman_2020-04-24 10:50

    Bring it on cupcake...

  331. #331Ronsii2020-04-24 18:59

    LOL!!!!!

  332. #332_Weldman_2020-11-03 16:55

    Buy a man a plane ticket he will fly once, push a man out of the airplane and he will fly for life

  333. #333Old Doug2020-11-03 19:24

    Maybe you dont know what your doing the 17year old told that to me while i was fixing a truck tire seconds after he told me he had never saw one fixed.

  334. #334kshansen2020-11-04 07:16

    Or as one of my uncles like to say: "Close enough for this church!" He was a carpenter and I think he got started using it while working on a home for the Priests at a local Catholic church. May have had something to due with the fact he was raised English Protestant!

  335. #335JamesL2020-11-04 13:03

    I ate a clock yesterday, it was very time-consuming.

  336. #336DIYDAVE2020-11-04 19:40

    Specially for today: Many years ago, Henry David Thoreau once observed that “some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.” It did not swim there by itself.

  337. #337JamesL2020-11-05 14:14

    When life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

  338. #338Truck Shop2020-11-11 18:37
  339. #339HATCHEQUIP2020-11-12 14:26

    Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning. Winston Churchill

  340. #340_Weldman_2020-12-24 12:54

    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill I can vouch for that one

  341. #341mks2020-12-24 14:18

    Does pinocchio have a wooden third member

  342. #342mks2020-12-24 14:32

    Does a duck with a king pin drag weeds?

  343. #343westerner2020-12-28 15:42

    Stripped threads are worth TWO lockwashers.

  344. #344HATCHEQUIP2021-05-11 14:42

    Just as soon whittle me a beak an pick **** with the chickens