Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

One of my old 8K’s headed for Libya

DPete ยท 2010-06-22 16:25

I traded it off on a scraper a while back but it was still at my shop. First stop Galveston Tx. then a boat ride to Libya. Bitter sweet to see it go.

Replies8
  1. #1tonka2010-06-22 16:58

    You got pics of the whole unit Dan? Who is doing the hauling?

  2. #2DPete2010-06-22 17:22

    Hartill trucking from Northern Ca

  3. #3AmerIndependent2010-06-22 19:17

    Bummer. More equipment leaving the states. I hope you made out OK on the deal. I've never heard of Hartill, are they any good?

  4. #4tonka2010-06-22 20:04

    i think that guy is a member here i could be wrong tho... 7axle i think his handle is...

  5. #5ben46a2010-06-22 20:51

    Yeah i think he is too, theres other pics of his rig on here.

  6. #6tonka2010-06-22 23:18

    I hope his board between the seats isn't to hard...if he's riding that all the way to texas... lol its 9 axle

  7. #7Dualie2010-06-23 01:32

    with the interstater even. its like seeing a unicorn. rarely sited within the confines of California

  8. #8D&GExcavating2010-09-01 23:41

    We sold a clean and super tight D8L with a reman 3408 with 500 hours on it and new rails and pads to some company that was going to have it hauled down to Corpus Cristi, Texas and then have it shipped over to Libya. Well it hit an overpass in Texas and wiped the cab and rops right off of it.