I don't know anything about these I just take pictures. These where sitting at a hotel I pulled into and there was 7 there and one empty space. All I know is that they have some BIG tires on them, look like they are designed to travel at least in pairs(push bars on front and back). They have 60 Series Detroits in them.
Here's the name plate and some tire sizes, the first one is the ribbed tire, the second is the smoother type tire.
Cool pics! Oil exploration equipment. Seismic vibrator truck.
Its a thumper! The KU Geologic Survey has a couple to play with, along with some other cool stuff.
Those are thumpers for seismic testing. They have a ton of them operating around here for Marcellus shale mapping. They string out miles of cable and sensors and bring in these things to vibrate deep down to find gas pockets. They had over 4 miles of sensors and cables strung out in a valley about 6 miles from my place. The neighbors said it was like a controlled earthquake that never varied in intensity. Supposed to do more even closer to me this fall. The surveyors have been out laying out some possible well sites right across the border in Pa. NY is under a moratorium on drilling till they come up with new environmental regulations for the drilling and fraccing.
Cool machines, learn something new everyday!
I wonder if the padding on the push bars are for getting the one with turf tires where the one with tractor tires goes? Never seen a thumper without tractor tires.
Folks, what's the price for such a machine?
I saw a similar machine mounted to IH Paystar chassis a few years ago at a motel I stayed at, I think there were 4 or 5 of them. They were also white. I wonder if it was the same manufacturer?
bill, we must be almost neighbors, ever been in Coudersport?