Is there a Cummins website for engine Parts & Service information that is similar to Cat SIS..?
Seems there was a site where you could at least see parts books and such but it's been a long time since I went there. Not sure what is available here but might be a place to start: https://www.cummins.com/manuals-and-technical-documents Looks like they want to have you go through your dealer so maybe that would be the place to start. Would be interested in how good their site is compared to SIS.
Hate to think Cummins and Detroit are not getting better at Customer service, were bad enough long ago.
Yeah Ken. I wanted to get at least some background before approaching the local dealer, but was also looking for some opinions from users on how well whatever Cummins has out there actually works. All our stuff is Cummins off-road engines.
Nige that would Cummins quick serve . https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html You can sign up for free with up to five engines and paid for more . If you want I can look up it and send you the info. thanks Ed
I would appreciate it Ed, thanks very much. Drop me a PM with the info please.
Pm sent.
Once I find the parts I need, where is a good site to purchase them a low prices? Looks like my 4BT needs an alternator and a high-side AC hose. I tried to register for the Cummins Quick Serve and got a bunch of errors. Tried their support chat and somebody in India didn't know what site I was on, then told me I should try tomorrow. Wheeeee. Error: core.apexpages.exceptions.ApexPagesGenericException: system.security.NoAccessException: Update access denied for Account, controller action methods may not execute
I’d take your alternator to a starter and alternator shop who should be able to identify it and fix it or sell you a new one and take the a/c hose to someplace that makes a/c hoses.