Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Online Hydraulic seal sources?

fastline · 2020-10-13 17:02

Still trying to find a good online source for hydraulic seals and parts. Seems the ones I can find don't provide enough tech info to even buy from them, or have enough listed selection.

Replies4
  1. #1mitch5042020-10-13 22:02

    https://baumhydraulics.com/# HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2willie592020-10-13 22:28

    Another good one is Hercules. > https://www.herculesus.com/

  3. #3Mike L2020-10-14 18:45

    www.alleghenyyork.com

  4. #4fastline2020-10-15 17:41

    I ended up ordering from hydrapak. I am learning some things about seal suppliers. Seems they like to deviate from OEM part numbers so no one can figure things out. I had a local company do a quote and I walked after seeing a backup ring on the quote for $35. I paid $6 from hydrapak! This is why I am trying to find good online resources so I can see and measure, not rely on what someone puts in a quote. The quotes varied wildly and the locals were $100 higher, and no one wants to tell you what brand of seals you are buying unless you request a certain brand. So far it would seem Hercules, SKF, and Parker are probably a safe bet. As far as Cat though, I cannot recall the name, but there is a supplier I used that ONLY does Cat stuff. Very high quality and they even go so far as to run the yellow Orings with part numbers just like Cat. I am sure there is inflation but they are very good. However, for reference, I rebuilt some brakes in an excavator and that company wanted $25 per friction plate! I somehow found the direct supplier for Cat and bought them for $6 each. I needed a LOT of them. This is why I try to document suppliers when I can. I was using Grizzly for general seals but I felt their quote was high this round, and I was right.