Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Only If you have a CAT 980C loader

CAT D8 N · 2009-11-14 00:58

Hi, I have a 980C CAT Loader that has been messed up by some cockamamie mechanic from hell. The Implement pump has been changed and replaced by a 988 pump and the steering pump connected to the transmission pump that was replaced with a Grader pump... So now I want to put things back in place and redo do the job to original status with new correct pumps. Well now I need some one with a 980C to help me out with a few pictures of the pumps mounted on the flywheel to make sure I got the right stuff to work with. I haven’t purchased the pumps yet, but that is a whole new can of worms all together. Each spare parts shop has something that does not fit on the other. Hope to hear from 980’sC guys soon. Moderator Edit - Please use the forum default font

Replies17
  1. #1paulbinso2009-11-14 18:28

    Give me your serial number and I might be able to help you.

  2. #2CAT D8 N2009-11-15 01:26

    63x08713 Thanks,

  3. #3CAT D8 N2009-12-04 14:11

    Still waiting...

  4. #4AmerIndependent2009-12-04 19:15

    We have the following pumps available from our 980C (Serial # 63X09171) I can sell you a good-used steering pump for $550 or rebuilt for $650 I can sell our good-used implement pump for $975 or rebuilt for $1175 If interested, i can send pictures of our actual pumps.

  5. #5CAT D8 N2009-12-06 13:51

    How much does it cost to ship it to Saudi Arabia?

  6. #6AmerIndependent2009-12-07 09:39

    Please send me your exact location and i'll get you an accurate freight quote. If you'd like, feel free to send a direct e-mail.

  7. #7CAT D8 N2009-12-07 14:15

    Dammam, Saudi Arabia that would be enough for you to get a quote.. Thanks

  8. #8AmerIndependent2009-12-08 10:32

    Looks like its going to be about $1000 to air deliver approximately 250 lbs to Dammam port through my list of shippers :Banghead Perhaps you or somebody knows of a cheaper company? :beatsme

  9. #9CAT D8 N2009-12-08 13:16

    Well that just shot it in the foot... ointhead Its much more expensive to arrange the frieght from here. Thanks any way.

  10. #10AmerIndependent2009-12-08 13:26

    Let me know if there is anything else you are needing. We're capable of providing and sourcing a lot of competitively priced Caterpillar items here in the states. If you were to buy multiple items and combine them into one shipment, the cost of delivery per item would be much less. Just something to think about. What equipment are your running up there anyway? :idea Got any Cat D8N's ? :roll

  11. #11AmerIndependent2009-12-09 12:26

    Not sure if this changes anything but i just received another quote and i can get the goods delivered to you for $600.

  12. #12CAT D8 N2009-12-30 17:19

    Good try but that still is almost the cost of the part we need. At the moment we need some parts for the D8N tracks, "Bolts, nuts, and track lock" We also need a few parts for our 980C engine "Piston sleve and ring, and others if you can ..

  13. #13Chris917862009-12-30 18:24

    You might as well count out any parts from the US cause it's gonna cost a lot of $$$$ that you don't wanna pay to ship it

  14. #14AmerIndependent2009-12-30 19:02

    Don’t count US products out! We sell internationally all the time, it’s such a huge part of our business lately since construction in United States is so minimal right now. The only reason this isn't penciling out at the moment is because of the small dollar amount. Even with the $600 shipping costs, you can see that we are "almost the cost" of his local supplier. That means we are over 30% less per pump! Say for example the order was doubled and he bought four pumps instead of two. Shipping would probably go up $100-$200 for the additional weight, but his total savings would be $500. If he were to buy a larger component, like a transmission, the savings would be well into the thousands.

  15. #15AmerIndependent2009-12-30 19:06

    I'll do some digging on these items and see if I can't come up with something for you. Our specialty is the powertrain, but I'll do my best. P.S. If you have any part #'s, it would really save me some time and would help ensure accuracy.

  16. #16Chris917862010-01-02 17:34

    What I ment was, he said he didn't wanna pay that much for shipping, so that would pretty much rule out anything from the US.

  17. #17CAT D8 N2010-01-05 03:33

    Thanks, I am looking for some parts manuals to make life easy.. at the moment my mechanic calls me on the phone and trys to explain what he needs in a third language and we barely can make things out... what a bummer.