Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Oops

Alusium · 2023-01-03 23:53
Replies13
  1. #1mitch5042023-01-03 23:57

    So...I take it the ground isn't frozen very deep...?

  2. #2Bumpsteer2023-01-04 00:27

    I hate it when that happens....at least it was easy to get out of the cab. Ed

  3. #3John C.2023-01-04 10:13

    It might be by the time they get that machine out.

  4. #4Tags2023-01-04 18:52

    Seems like HE shoulda stayed 330 feet back

  5. #5Alusium2023-01-04 21:05

    I doubt that area has seen 24 hours total above freezing since mid October. We’ve had about 3’ of snow since then. So…ya…apparently the ground wasn’t froze very deep right there. Sure beats climbing up and down. Figured I better stop while I could still swing and open the door. 300 series doosan. Took longer to run 6 miles down the road to the lowboy and grab a couple 1/2” binder chains. Small triangle piece below the road. Don’t think it was 330’ to the boundary on either side. Guess we should have left it. ‍♂️ I had just walked up that draw to make sure we could adverse it. Floated right across that spot. No indication it was soft. I was cruising back down and came off a small drop right above it and… thought some might enjoy the pics…

  6. #6John C.2023-01-04 21:22

    Thanks for the photos. Not a lot of people show that kind of stuff.

  7. #7Tags2023-01-05 06:46

    You did get her out without any issues though, correct?

  8. #8DDoug2023-01-05 07:17

    We also hide the bodies....

  9. #9DDoug2023-01-05 07:18

    Yup, I could see the freezing air conducting thru the steel tracks, down to the mud. Some guys will go to great lengths for the perfect Christmas tree....

  10. #10Alusium2023-01-05 19:35

    correct

  11. #11Alusium2023-01-08 11:16
  12. #12Alusium2023-01-08 11:28

    Shoulda 4 sided this one.

  13. #13John C.2023-01-08 14:18

    I watched a tree explode just above the cut and fall on the buncher one time while doing an inspection on a shovel up on the road. He was trying to knock the stem over doing two cuts and then pushing with the top of the head. It made me wonder if it might have been better to have a man with a chain saw knock it down instead. Nice Work!