Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Operating In Iraq?

GaryLong ยท 2006-04-18 12:38

Hey I was wondering if anyone had done any work over in Iraq, or if you knew where one could apply to operate equipment over there, also maybe a general idea of payrates and stuff like thta, if anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Replies15
  1. #1Wolf2006-04-18 14:04

    Israeli Army You ought to check out the Israeli army. They use the biggest CATs and just run right through the Palestinian refugee camps---demo everything that is in front of them. Total power and destruction. Sounds like fun!!!

  2. #2Grader4me2006-04-18 17:00

    Welcome to the site :thumbsup You will find professional operators and very knowledgable people here. I just have to ask...why in the name of god would you want to work in Iraq for??

  3. #3GaryLong2006-04-18 17:40

    My main reason for working over in Iraq is money, from what Ive heard they pay outrageous sums of money for people who have the balls (read: who are dumb enough) to go over there

  4. #49420pullpan2006-04-18 18:31

    here is a link to operating jobs in iraq KBR is a large company doing alot of work over there here is another link to the job listings in iraq..... link i was actually considering it as well from what i hear it is a year contract you must sign and with no breaks so you are over there for a year....

  5. #5Wolf2006-04-18 19:22

    What kind of work is there in Iraq? What kind of work is there in Iraq?

  6. #6Steve Frazier2006-04-18 20:43

    One of our members, CSGI, is a contractor working in Iraq. I'm not sure he checks in daily, but expect to hear from him before long.

  7. #7farmerted442006-04-18 22:12

    google it. i found all kinds of stuff last year about this time. watch out for rip offs! if they want you to spend money it is proably a rip off. halliburton has a web site , they own brown & root. and we all know halliburton has a huge contract over there.:wink2 i believe bechtel has a piece of the pie also. i think there is a long waiting list but alot of guys get cold feet,ect. ect. most of the ones i have seen require a one year contract. remember i think you have to stay that long for all your earnings are tax free.:yup anyway watch out for rip offs.

  8. #8GaryLong2006-04-18 22:23

    Unfortunetly you need 3-5 years of experiance to be involved with the mentioned companys, which is somthing I shouldve assumed in the first place, but it does seem like a good opportunity to make some good wages for those with experiance, I unfortunetly am just oing to be attending school at ATS (COlumbus, Oh) in june so I cant do it.

  9. #9farmerted442006-04-18 22:28

    well congrats on going to school . if i had to do all over again i would have accepted my apprenticeship and been schooled by the union. but i was too smart for that~!!!:Banghead lmao welcome to the board and good luck w/ school.

  10. #10Wulf2006-04-18 22:29

    I think they are looking for people that want to help reconstruct the country rather than demo everything...

  11. #11digger242j2006-04-18 22:37

    First, I gotta say there's no way in hell that I'd go over there to work--they haven't printed enough money yet. :spaz Second, go get 3-5 years of experience. Chances are we'll still be there...

  12. #12Dozerboy2006-04-19 22:52

    I almost went over there B&R made me a offer, but my gf wouldn't go I'm sure and my family didn't want me to go neither. Then I got a offer to move here to Socal for like half the $$$ and I don't have to worry about getting killed constantly.

  13. #13tylermckee2006-04-19 22:54

    What would the pay have been, if you dont mind me asking?

  14. #14Wolf2006-04-20 13:01

    Combat pay, literally.

  15. #15Dozerboy2006-04-20 20:40

    They didn't say for sure but IIRC it was like $65hr. to start.