Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Operator station

HEO74 ยท 2014-01-27 07:33

We are renting a 950k cat loader. I would like some tips on how to use the features so I can operate more efficiently. I read over the manual and still having a difficult time figuring out how to set the bucket to return to level. It still wants to angle down or not even return at all. Is there a website or other quick reference that will help me understand and apply settings?

Replies3
  1. #1AllDodge2014-01-27 13:38

    Never had a 950 but if it's not returning to level someone has messed with the level adjustment, or it's malfunctioning. I have a 955 and all I do is push the lever forward after the dump and the lever stays in that position until it comes back to level, then stops.

  2. #2JimBruce422014-01-27 20:58

    I've only ever ran a 950k maybe an hour, but if my memory serves me right there should be a "return to dig/level" switch hidden among the 40,000 others on that right side column. The new loaders are all electric over hydraulic, so if it wants to angle down its possible that is where the last guy set it at. Anyway, get your bucket level, and flip the switch to activate or lock that position should help... or it could be an electronic issue.

  3. #3heymccall2014-01-27 21:24

    All I could find From a 950H glossy, here http://cat.lv/doc/pdf/950hspecalog.pdf