Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Opinions on a Drott 5550 and parts availability

Hadan66 ยท 2017-07-05 19:23

I recently purchased a 5550. I believe it is a 109' boom. It has a 504 case, it runs good but it's a oil leaking nightmare. I was wondering if anyone knew the availability of main lift cylinder seal kits. Any opinions on these cranes would be valued as well. Thank you!

Replies3
  1. #1crane operator2017-07-06 23:07

    You won't get a "factory" seal kit from anyone, probably. I would pull the cylinder and take the seals to a good hydraulic shop and they should be able to match up the seals. If it has the z -type seals, don't be suprised if a single seal is in the 50-$80 range, the full set should be around 150-$200.

  2. #2Hadan662017-07-06 23:25

    In my opinion that would be money well spent on this machine. Thanks for the information, this is my first time dealing with crane cylinders

  3. #3Delmer2017-07-06 23:43

    Take the piston and gland with you, easier to measure those than the seals.