hello, if I can I would like to create a survey on truck cranes, those that are installed behind the truck cab or those at the back of the truck, to load the truck and carry out lifting and dismantling operations. in your opinion which the best brand and model considering the price the quality the robustness the shape of the lifting arm the useful flow thanks for the attention aspect opinions http://www.buzzybeeforum.nl/viewtopic.php?f=275&t=11780 http://www.ditzj.de/html/en/events/bauma04/bauma04_2.html http://www.hmf.dk/
Palfinger for me. They are the best by far.
thank you for your precious intervention and your opinion, what are you aware of cormach ?
The benefit of cormach is that every one of their models has a continuous slew. They have a slew ring and drive motor like a crane. Otherwise, they are very, very slow to operate compared to other manufacturers.
You don't really see a lot of these trucks in the US. Our axle weight laws make them kind of impractical. By the time you build the truck heavy enough to really lift something it's so heavy it can't haul much.
Funny how different markets can be. I think you guys have heavier axle loadings than we do, yet we have truck loader cranes everywhere. But then, we don't really have many boom trucks over here... I've seen maybe 3 total. In saying that, load carrying capacity is pretty limited with larger loader cranes, but they're seldom loaded to capacity
For us it's a toss up between Holmes , Grove , Insley & Pitman Pole Cat depending on the job . Those cat's have forgotten more about building truck mounted rigs then most will ever figure out today . Job at hand dictates what rig to send . What do you want done ?
These are truck loader cranes, not truck mounted cranes. Whole different kettle of fish
For my part, the cranes on the trucks do not just need to load and unload the trucks they are assembled and assembled, but they are also hired as machines to lift the loads in small sites, build roofs, with the basket with the workers above, for small jobs of dismantling and assembly in our parts the cranes are very versatile, we have few resources and resources, so we settle and work with what little we have
Like an auto crane ? http://autocrane.us/about-auto-crane/
Same situation . We just send what rig is needed to the site . Yeah , you fellers drink beer that's room temperature for the most part ? I've heard it's also hard to find ice cubes & cold drinks in Europe . Anything to that ?
I'm from New Zealand mate. We definitely drink our beer icey cold. Truck loader cranes (we just refer to them as hiabs, no matter the make) are widely used here, from construction deliveries, to scrap metal companies, and even mounted on tractors with a brush cutter head for maintaining shelter belts. They have fork attachments for lifting pallets (eg bricks, blocks, plasterboard, tiles etc etc), grapple attachments for loading scrap steel etc, clamshell attachments for lifting debris, topsoil, etc, manbasket attachments, auger attachments.... Very versatile machines. They fold up to leave the deck space clear, or to be mounted on a prime mover.
Here's a couple of random pics I pulled off the net. Also check out Palfinger.com
Hiab, pesci? https://www.hiab.com/ http://www.pesci-cranes.com/ thanks to your precious intervention, in Italy there is a lot of pesci, for heavy lifting the BONFIGLIOLi engineers the marquises are scraper loaders, the palphingers use them in the building to lift loads bricks and tiles on the building sites I have heard good things about the hiab
I'm the same way Mate . Had a buddy just got back from visiting Germany & France . He said the beverages were served at room temp for the most part & ice was a rare commodity . Wondered if Italy was similar .
We have a few guy's running " Knuckle Boom " trucks in the logging industry . They can load & unload themselves if need be . The draw back is the extra weight of the boom . Flatbeds with the wheeled fork lift on the rear are pretty common .
The knuckle booms in this area generally are task specific. The drywall delivery business uses a flat bad with a lifting device to set pallets of drywall inside buildings. You see the septic tanks guys using what looks like a modified A frame style lifting device. What I'm saying I guess is that there are plenty of the knuckle booms around but they usually only deliver a specific type of product and don't get used much for anything else.
Same here TD, the Moffett forklifts on the back of a flatbed are the preferred method in my area for palletized job site delivery. Like John said the drywall and wall supply companies use knuckle booms. https://www.hiab.com/en/moffett/ Interestingly enough Moffett is owned by Hiab.
It's certainly interesting how different markets can do things in different ways! We do have some units with the rear mount forklifts running around, but they're the exception rather than the norm. And the self loading loggers (in fact, there's actually a company named ''Self loader logging" but they don't have a telescopic boom, nor can they fold up into a tidy little package
Yep , we still see the septic / precast flat beds with the A frame style boom . https://www.facebook.com/rexvaultodon/photos/pcb.1578559239115420/1578557495782261/?type=3 Some larger concrete contractors will have a dedicated " Form truck " with a boom to set the forms in the hole on a basement job .
Those are pretty cool rigs ! Like a 3 wheel drive ATV with a forklift mast . I like it !
TD the concrete wall form contractors use Moffett's here as well. I don't think I've seen one that has a crane. They have their forms on racks and wheel them from the truck to the basement. Now we're farther south so pretty much all the basements are walk outs. The majority have tractor trailer flatbeds with the Moffett on back.
PM, Fassi, Hiab , Palfinger , Effer e HMF also in my part use cranes for the wood industry to load logs, the engineer bonfiglioli goes a lot, I do not know if you know it, to load the wreckage the marquises, the palfinger is very usanta in construction on small construction sites http://www.marchesigru.com/it/ http://www.ingbonfiglioli.it/
Palfinger is the best I might be just a little biased though
Thank you for your intervention and your opinion, one of my friends told me that Palfinger is very suitable for building, to lift loads of bricks and shingles and other materials for the procurement of materials on construction sites, it fits very well the jib articulated boom, many say that Hiab is the best, but they are only rumors of I do not have objective confirmation elements https://www.hiab.com/
You are correct. Here in the US, in the north west at least, most of palfingers are used for roofing, drywall, building material deliveries. Before working at Palfinger, I worked for Hiab for four years. Matter of fact, I still work on hiabs more often. Palfinger cranes are still pretty new in the northwest, and I am the first field technician for them in my area. I have a good relationship with my customers, so a lot of them with hiabs still have me work on their equipment. As far as which is better? Both are good. My customers are happy with both brands. The only issue I really had with hiabs is their bases, which are weak in my opinion. Id say the electronics and the control system are very good on the hiab though, they run very smooth.
Thank you for your testimony and your sincere and clear opinion as a professional goal expert, of what you think cormach, a bit cumbersome and squat but I think very robust, performance and weaknesses has, for removals and industrial disassembling to move heavy industrial machinery do you believe it aborted, what do you think of the confirmation of the boom and of the revolutions? Thanks again www..com
I have never worked on a cormach ever, only seen them from a distance. The only thing I have heard from other technicians is that they are junk. Whether they were a pain to work on, or were poor quality I dont know. I just dont have any that I know of in my area. I work mostly on palfingers and hiabs. Some IMT's and some fassi's, and moffett forklifts.
Thank you for your intervention and your sincere and objective opinion CAMION GRU-CORMACH –E9 135000 30 TON BRACCIO MT 23 + 15 JIB + RIMORCHIO 4 ASSI 50 TON gru 135000 E9 Aeronautica Militare: SMH 88.45 8X8 pianale e gru Cormach da 20 ton a 5 m
There are many typers of trucl cranes are available for different to differnet work. Choosing the best one is sometimes hard.
Awesome pictures!! I think one of the big factors that also comes into play when purchasing a crane truck, is the support. New equipment is getting more and more complex, and its not uncommon to hear of a modern crane to be dropped off at a local hydraulic/equipment shop, and they cant figure is out for weeks. My main goal is to provide customers good service, and to get their equipment up and running asap. In my area, the only factory technicians area from hiab/moffett and palfinger. When dealing with other brands, sometimes it can be hard to get parts coming, and diagnose issues. (not trying to sell anything, just saying how it is.)
in our parts we use a lot of the "carrellone" tractor, a four-axle tractor equipped with a big crane, a low-floor winch, like a big tow truck that is used both for transporting industrial machines, for transport and industrial dismantling, I do not know if you use them too
do you also use this type of truck with these fittings? they have many construction companies, many jobs can be carried out on site and for rental use on behalf of third parties
Yes, knuckle booms are pretty common on flat beds. If I knew how to add images, i would. I am new to this forum. That carrellone with the ramp is interesting. I have not seen a boom truck with a ramp
these big trucks like towing trucks for transporting excavators, in my part are very used by companies and construction companies, in my part the roads are narrow and hilly, it is very difficult to transport the earth moving equipment, trailers or semi trailers are very slow and awkward in maneuvers and in corners, these are lower and compact, ideal for narrow roads and paths, they also use them to dismantle the workshops or industrial plants that are being dismantled, the crane loading arm loads the pieces of the plants or the machines on the flatbed of the lorry or on trailers or other lorries that are attached to them, are very useful and versatile for the rental
Very interesting. Do you have any with hydraulic forks? https://goo.gl/images/u1vNJg
http://www.comear.it/eng/Best-Truck-Equipment/FP-8000 Iveco stralis 440e43 soccorso stradale con gru§? http://www.comear.it/ https://www.autocarrozzeriaroncarati.it/soccorso-stradale-ferrara-24h/