Need to replace my 650G. Anybody have any opinions on Komatsu dozers. The D39PX appears to be close to a 650. Any of you all seen the new one where the engine appears to be under the seat and in the back of the machine? Seems to me you would want more weight closer to the blade but maybe not.
The engine is the front, just the radiator and coolers are In the back.
Yair . . . Not a new concept of course Euclid ran that system back in the seventies. Cheers.
We've got 4 d65ex dozers which is about the size of a d6. They are considerably less expensive than a cat but they are mighty proud of their parts. Like $6000 for a radiator. Reliability wise they've been good machines and our dealer has been good to us.
IMO Cat and Deere make the best dozers.
I just bought a 39EX , it has 3100 hrs on it. So far it seems to be a nice machine. The -22 model has the rear mount radiator , but I think the basics are the same. I have a Komatsu PSR living less than 200 yards from me, so if I need filters etc. I can call him and he brings it home that night. I have been looking for quite some time when I found mine. I looked at Deere , Cat and then Komatsu. Deere seemed to be the higher price machine of all closely followed by Cat. The Komatsu seemed to be 5 to 10 grand cheaper depending on condition. My dealer did offer a 39EX-22 to me for 68gs. That was a little over my set budget. I was told to stay away from the earlier machines.
Definately one of the nicest ones to run ergonomically
Customers here love them very comfortable, balanced and not too bad on fuel
Personally I'd have a cat, that said, one of the bast blasé drivers I know loves his komatsu. Reckons it is better all round. From a maintainance view, I dont rate them at all.
I have had komatsu d65px-12 for years has been a solid machine very happy with it, will push as much as a comparable d6 at half the purchase price. I have not found that price of parts is a problem it is lack of dealer support when you need them that is the problem. Luckly it dosent need parts that often.
We have a customer that has Both, put them blade to blade and claimed the Komatsu pushes the d6 backwards, I didn't actually witness it tho