Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Opinions please?

Mplan ยท 2016-04-06 21:29

Hi guys I do plant hire, Groundworks for a living,just in a small way.late December I bought my first truck a 15 ton gross cab and chassis Daf.A friend is a major body builder so I rang him and said treat me like any other customer and give me a price for a new body, which was in line with two other quotes.told him my class c test was in early March and my tax year end was April 6th.he got a 75% deposit in January.as the weeks rolled by he said next week,next week,next week etc.went to the plant today and saw a truck that was left in three weeks ago just finished.went into the office and was told "he spends more money than you do". Just because I only have one truck and he has several.rang the boss and asked again when...next week.i'm not wealthy by any means with a young family but I felt about 2 inches tall walking out of that office.He has some of the body made and the sub chassis on. Do I take back my truck as is and finish it myself and cut my losses or wait another week.sorry for the rant.

Replies4
  1. #1Moonlite2016-04-06 23:05

    Give him one more week then take your truck.

  2. #2Steve Frazier2016-04-07 00:16

    Ditto above, then find yourself another upfitter to deal with in the future when you have lots of money to spend.

  3. #3Mplan2016-04-11 17:11

    Truck body coming along.it's a tipper with a beaver tail in the body.trapdoor for ramps to slide between the sub chassis.any thoughts,suggestions?

  4. #4lantraxco2016-04-11 20:29

    Looks pretty good to me from here :drinkup