Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Opinions wanted – Komatsu PC160LC-7

scottish ยท 2014-01-16 11:59

On another subject entirely unrelated to my EX200 thread below (honest!), what's everyone's opinions of the reliability of the Komatsu dash 7 series? I'm being offered a 2008 4050hr Komatsu PC160LC-7 at what seems to me reasonable money and wondering if this is a good buy to replace my cursed EX200. Long term reliability is the most important factor to me, & I don't do big hours. The machine in question is serviced according to schedule and looks clean - just had it's 4000hr service. Any experiences of this machine would be much appreciated, cheers.

Replies3
  1. #1scottish2014-01-19 07:04

    Anyone??? Dash 7 Komatsus in general?

  2. #2stock2014-01-19 11:08

    Well it will depend on the present owner, if he has looked after it they are a very reliable machine, good on diesel etc.

  3. #3scottish2014-01-19 11:15

    Yes, as far as I can find out the machine has been looked after very well, serviced fully on the schedule, one driver who considered it his 'baby'. Good to hear that all things being equal, these machines tend to be dependable units, thanks.