hello, if it were possible we would like to know opinions on performance old wheel loaders from the 90s case / case poclai, strengths defects performance performance, Model Number: Case 621 B (90's of construction)? what do you think? blades with capacities from 2 to 3 cubic meters. thank you
They were at least a grade below the Cat, Deere and Komatsu units. The bigger Case loaders were made by Hyundai. Joints were soft and worn out quick. Electronics were indecipherable and failed all the time. Engines were Cummins and I think the transmissions were ZF that no one could fix. Generally only the small farmers and under funded small construction companies had them.
I saw her loaded on the trailer bed of a big truck, in my part only case excavators, poclain wheel loaders some backhoes. this is the first, then from the 90s I think, the hood is a bit clumsy, it had a Z-type rocker arm. I thought maybe being old poclain maybe he had good plumbing it was without fenders and the cabin was smaller, maybe they used it in a tunnel or in an industrial plant indoors the bucket was dirty with clay, maybe a brick kiln
Hmm. John's evaluation sounds very much like Case machines being srap, too much for me. I know these machines as reliable and strong. Cummins engines, ZF transmissions and axles are famous for robustness. Layout of driveline was done similar to other big companies like Deere, Hyundai, Doosan, Hitachi etc. Many construction sites and quarries were operating these units. And a lot of these loaders are still at work, even the 1990's. See the forum. Correct, the 1221 was built in Korea. At the end of the day
At the end of the day: Good maintenance means long lifetime.
thank you for your intervention and information, I repeat in my part only 15-ton excavators and small machinery, the poclain brand was very popular in the 70s / 80s, houses only in provincial quarries and old specimens Case 1221E Hyundai HL780-7A . Sumitomo?
These loaders equipped with 5 speed transmission and lock-up clutch are a dream in terms of productivity, fuel consumption and shift comfort.
An end user cannot fix a transmission problem on one of these loaders. Few if any technicians in the US, tons of special tools necessary and not available to anyone outside of the dealer network and the dealers don't want to pay for them or the training to use them. Lots of wiring issues and as I said plenty of soft joints to bore out and weld back to standard when they fail. Lots of lights and poor designs for the information interface for the operators means the communication paths are not intuitive. They sell to municipalities and small operations on initial cost.
thanks for the additional news, in my part I repeat a few specimens of this brand mostly used and of old series, thanks