Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

our cat 12E

farm ยท 2011-10-08 06:32

Hi HEF, heres a few pics and links to a couple of short youtube clips of our new to us 1965 Cat 12E, it has been earning its keep over the past couple of weeks making and upgrading a few tracks around the farm in preparation for bring roadtrains and b double dogs in at harvest time. Any questions, just ask away. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYaPozewE3U http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiTUeotdk2Q Steve

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies6
  1. #11970Cat162011-10-08 16:22

    What is the rig on the back used for??

  2. #2farm2011-10-08 20:52

    its for carrying the spare tyre around, which you'll also notice doesn't exist. The rims for these old girls are getting quite hard to come by around here. steve

  3. #3Shaunrh2011-10-10 08:36

    Nice tidy old tractor you got there Steve.Did you pick her up locally or did you have to go searching. Shaun

  4. #4farm2011-10-10 08:43

    I never actually went anywhere near it, The first time i saw it in person was when the truck rolled in the front gate. It came from about 500km away, luckily I have a mate that works for a trucking company down there, he knows his stuff and so does the fitter from that same company. They both went and had a look at it for me and as they knew more about these old jiggers than me I took their word and got him to bring it up. It has turned out very well indeed for us. steve

  5. #5tripper_1742011-10-18 23:46

    What a good old grader they are. I still like to think they were a great finishing grader. Good on winter roads too. Not too heavy, no hydraulic issues and dependable as could be!

  6. #6CatGrader2011-10-19 20:20

    They are a good old machine I learnt to operate one back in 76 and drove them till 86 best finish graders made imo ;P