Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Our Grinder in action

quantum500 ยท 2009-08-18 23:44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO_dDFne4IU

Replies5
  1. #1hvy 1ton2009-08-19 13:03

    I always get a kick out of grinders and mulchers. I'm kinda surprised the loader had to run a hidump bucket.

  2. #2Tenspot2009-08-19 13:36

    Velly nahce!

  3. #3tonka2009-08-19 13:48

    They use a hidump to load the trucks when there done grinding, at least thats what we used ours for.

  4. #4quantum5002009-08-20 14:51

    Thats what separates the amateurs from the professionals. If you will notice in the video description that is a 11.5 yd bucket. There is no other bucket that big that you could hope to dump into a grinder. We are doing 1000yds per hour +. Crappy thing about going that fast is you plug the elevators at least once a day. Finally all done with that bark today. I'm so happy. Its some nasty dusty stuff, I happened to video it when the going was low dust and the wind was blowing right.

  5. #5gbdigger2009-08-20 20:30

    Boy does that bring back memories, about 10 years ago I was working on a Highway project running a 631C scraper and we were filling towards a Diamond Z Tub Grinder when all of a sudden a piece of drill steel used on track drills got dumped in the thing and came flying out like a javelin right towards me I dropped the pan as fast as I could and that drill steel landed about 3 feet in front of my scraper it stuck in the ground about 5 feet, had to bring the 325 down to pull it out, needless to say it scared the crap out of me