OK, So here's the deal.... i found this loader for sale by this dealer and it was cheap enough so I thought I would call him. So when I talked to him the first time he told me that he had just spent $8K on it at the undercarriage shop and that he was looking at the ticket while talking to me. He went on to read from the bill tha it had Pads,Sprockets,All Rollers, and also had the pins turned but was on origional rails.....and that the machine had 8800 hours, with NO service codes and it was ready for work. Well, I proceded to tell him that I had bought a machine from him last year (another 963C) and when it got in it had the boom broke and welded and cab broken up (like the machine had rolled) and that the hard bar was worn etc. and a couple other small things that was NEVER disclosed to me and that I was pretty pissed....he told me i should have called and he would have made it right with me. I also asked him if he would take one of the old Komatsu's ('00 PC200LC-6 w/8k hrs) in on trade and he said that he was sorry to hear about the mis-representation of the first 963C and that he would trade me straight across. so anyway's I told him I was sending a truck and that it was going to cost about $1500 to send it down, and he said that since he had to pick up my PC-200 he would split the trucking if we used his guy and i had no problem with that since it was still going to only cost me $1500 and I really didnt have a truck in the Dallas area anyway's lol.. So, Here is how the machine came in, What would you have done? send it back or keep it and swallow the undercarriage cost? I called him and he told me to send it back and then he told me to tell the driver to take it to the FortWorth TX Ritchie Bros. lot, My problem is....why would a guy lie to me if it's going to cost him $3k outta pocket? does he think im a total moron? Pj
more pics. Pj
Sounds like a dealer I delt with Crook equipment, I mean Cook out of allegan Mi. At least he was sending it to you. You did not have any money out I assume. I would never do any business with him after the first go around.
looks like that machine was use at a landfill. they are the worst machines, i would stay away from any landfill machine. The UC is shot and will need replaced. you did send it back didn't you?
some used equipment salesmen are one step above used car salesmen
I wonder if someone who bought a really cheap loader with 11K hrs on it is tsitting back right now happy with the sweetheart deal they scored. That looks nothing like the description, other than the same model.
hey mate I'm just wondering why you say this? No offence, just curious.
I'd sue, Both interactions with him are fraudulent. If a seller fails to disclose defects that they are aware of, like a broken boom that is illegal, even if the equipment was sold "as is". I think that you can definitely re-coop the cost of the repairs to that machine. The more recent machine was fraudulently mis-represented, and that is a big no-no in contract law. I think that if you sue you will likely be awarded compensatory damages (the difference in cost to obtain a machine that is comparable to how he described it). After illegal interactions with this dealer, you may be able to get some punitive damages as well. I'd sue, Its likely that a lawyer would take this case on a commission basis, that means no financial outlay for you.
yeah I sent it back hell yeah! lol I have always wanted a waste handler machine i like all the extra guards and such. Also, I never thought about sue-ing him, I'll find another machine somewhere I'm sure, I just wanted to make sure that the Members of HEF knew about this dealer Pj
hopefully any interested party has seen this thread. Pj
Well, the equipment used in trash is exposed to all kinds of chemicals and they do alot of damage and corrosion to the metal. Drop the pans on a machine that is full of trash. you will find most hoses, tubes and metal in contact with the sediment in the pans is very rusty and even rusted through. There is also trash packed into every nook and cranny of the machine, rope and wire pulled into finals even with the guarding. Landfills also budget to replace the equipment on a time scale, every 4 years for example, so they only repair it good enough to keep it running for that time period. operators also seem to really abuse the equipment and management only wants to repair only the necessary stuff. When they know they are getting a new machine, the old one gets ran into the ground. When traded, they get washed and painted and look really nice.
I think I would have "forgotten" to tell the driver to take it to Richie Bros. and told the driver to send it back to where he picked it up.
Heres a link to the other machine that was purchased from the SAME dealer lol. Pj
for sale by this dealer I know them fairly well. Been out to their lot a couple of times to look at some tractors they had for sale several years back. I check their site from time-to-time for grins. They're a fairly successful second-hand operation in this area. Alas, sounds like their equipment records are a mess OR they are just a little lazy/shady at times. Still, makes one wonder how many $3000 mistakes and poor PR they can absorb and keep up appearances. I don't quite understand the Ritchie Bros part though? It'll cost him to haul it back. If he's just decided to send it to auction, why not do so up there?
See, thats what I thought....I couldnt come up with a good reason why he wouldnt send it 50miles to the KC RB yard, the only thing I could come up with was that he wouldnt have anyone in the crowd in KC to give the machine a "kick" if it brought less than needed Pj
Maybe everybody at home knows the history of the machine. We have a local store that is kind of famous for shipping the "dogs" to their other store a couple of states away.
Maybe you could check the auction history and find out what it sold for. It would be educational to find out.
What causes the wear into the sides of the pins/bushings like that? Is that the idler rollers ate up or the links wore so bad there is no place left for them to ride but on the pins/bushings?
I think in this case, it's a little of both. Along with the shot rollers (Second picture- you might as well run on the bearings!) The rails are so thin, the roller flanges are riding the top the the pin bosses. If this machine had rockguards with the worn bottom rollers, there would be grooves worn into the grousers
The chains running on the rollers wears the chain surface as well as the inside flat part of the roller, and as the flange part of the roller mainly wears on the inside faces and not the edge, the chain goes deeper into the roller as it wears until the edge of flange starts contacting the pin boss on the chain. While the idlers do contribute to chain wear, I think the main damage is done where the chain contacts the roller.