Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Over the tire Skid Steer Tracks

Chuck ยท 2009-03-11 09:51

Whats the best / worst over the tire tracks for a skid steer? I like the simplicity of the ones that are just some log chains with some C shaped flat steel welded too them, are there any problems with that set up?

Replies18
  1. #1Cretebaby2009-03-11 10:03

    I use John Deere(Grouser) tracks on my JD250 and am quite impressed with them since I bought tham 8 years ago IDK know about the log chain type. They dont look like they would be worth it to me.

  2. #2farmboy5552009-03-11 16:17

    As far as I'm concerned it's a waste of good log chain. If it's the price your concerned about. Go around to the dealers in your area with CASH Money and you'll get a bargain on a used set.:usa

  3. #3Seaside LPS2009-03-11 17:12

    I have a set of the Mclaren OTT that are steel with rubber pads. paid over 4K a year ago have 50 hours on them and I need them to go $1900 which is a steal

  4. #4Cretebaby2009-03-11 17:18

    What size Seaside?

  5. #5Seaside LPS2009-03-11 17:25

    12 x 16.5

  6. #6Seaside LPS2009-03-11 17:27

    found a pic of them

  7. #7Cretebaby2009-03-11 17:36

    Are you looking to buy? If so what size?

  8. #8dirthog282009-03-11 21:07

    If you gave me a set of them redneck logchain tracks I wouldn't use them. I'd have them tore up in no time. I've got a set of Loegering tracks on my bobcat, actually same set I've had on last two bobcats (12 years old maybe older) never had a single problem with them. If I was looking to buy I'd look at Loegering, Grouser, and McLaren. I see them on ebay cheap all the time and like farmboy said you can get a good deal at dealer, they always have used set laying around that's how I got mine.

  9. #9td25c2009-03-11 21:24

    I like the "grouser" brand the best.

  10. #10Chuck2009-03-12 07:52

    I'll probably pick up a used set somewhere. I don't use the machine to make a living so I'm not going to invest a lot of cash in a set. I was just wanting a better understanding on what to look for or avoid.

  11. #11HillBoy2009-03-12 15:42

    I like the McLaren's the most as they offer 3 different versions of OTTs. I like the Protrac Rubber the most as it seems most versatile. Waiting to get enough cash to finally buy them. I agree that what Seaside LPS offers is a steal.... The tracks look in perfect shape.

  12. #12Seaside LPS2009-03-12 17:36

    They literally only have 50 hours of use and the rubber isn't even worn. Were used in muddy conditions and were great but I got a set of VTS and no longer have a use for them.

  13. #13bill onthehill2009-03-12 18:10

    Seaside: did you have them on a gehl? I have a 4640 and would be interested.

  14. #14Seaside LPS2009-03-13 00:29

    yes had them on a 5640 4640 will work fine

  15. #15Tires & Tracks2009-04-09 19:00

    We carry OTT tracks. SpwRedzone.com . They are at a reasonable price, visit our website for more info.

  16. #16KSSS2009-04-09 19:30

    E-mail sent on skid steer tires.

  17. #17digger242j2009-04-09 22:08

    Tires & Tracks, please take a moment to review the forum rules, linked at the bottom of the page. There, you'll find this: I've removed your other two posts that were in violation. Please, stay and participate in any of the discussions, while remaining within the rules, and contact us if you recognize the benefit that sponsorship would bring you. Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums.

  18. #18Tires & Tracks2009-04-10 07:07

    Sorry, I didn't see that.