Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

oversize loads

dzlnut ยท 2011-02-10 21:42

If your hauling oversize loads in CA are you required to have flashing lights on the tractor?

Replies7
  1. #1prenn1984@gmail2011-02-10 22:02

    Nope!

  2. #2dzlnut2011-02-10 22:07

    Is it against CVC to to run flashing lights?

  3. #3monster truck2011-02-11 00:25

    You can run them if you have them but they arent required. I called the highway patrol to ask this very question and was told that they "prefer" that you run them if you have them but it isnt mandatory.

  4. #4dzlnut2011-02-11 01:13

    cool thanks monstertruck for the info

  5. #5JTL2011-02-11 23:56

    California amazes me. You can haul a 657 in one piece, but don't worry about flashing lights! No need to draw anymore attention to your 14 foot wide load than needed!

  6. #6dzlnut2011-02-12 00:46

    That's a good point nothing comes good from extra attention to you

  7. #7JDOFMEMI2011-02-12 16:34

    Out here, you just take the good with the bad. We can also run 24/7 oversize loads where most other states have you park at dark. I guess they figure getting the large loads moved at night is easier on the public and the truckers. I know I would rather truck at night. Less traffic to deal with.