Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

P&H Crane 670WLC/33902 Magnetorque unit questions

JimmyFL · 2014-05-06 17:27

Trying identify components on the swing regulator assembly and would like to know manufacturer of the board. If you could point me to a schematic of the assembly that would be helpful too; there's so little information about it on the internet, thank you. Any information people could share about the crane or Magnetorque in general would be supremely helpful and much appreciated.

Replies9
  1. #1Plant Fitter2014-05-07 09:53

    This is all that I have, hope it is some use. Unfortunately I do not have access to the book any more to get the rest of it.

  2. #2Operator41002014-05-25 07:00

    Good Morning, Boy those bring back memories, ran a 645 crawler back in the late 70's early 80's just starting out learning cranes, the company I worked for bought a lot of their equipment from TVA auctions, they had a few of those magna-torque rigs around, pretty good cranes from what I remember; their was very little FEEl to the crane, it was hydraulic over friction with long levers coming out of the floor, I wish you luck finding information on the swing circuit, would like to see a pic of that rig, DW

  3. #3Upsanddowns2014-09-28 22:00

    We are still using P&H products. One unit is a 670 wlc and other is a 9150 truck crane. I did have trouble with the magnatorque on the 9150. The problem was the regulator. We sent it to a tv repairman who rebuilt it for 50.00 rather than paying 1000.00 for a new one. Let me know if I can help.

  4. #4mitch5042014-09-28 23:20

    What I want to know is where the heck you would find a TV repairman in this age of disposables?

  5. #5Kurt Marth2022-09-06 11:48

    So it looks like 8 years ago since these threads were posted. I am fighting with a magnatorque system on a 1055 P&H dragline. So far this forum I’d the only hit I have found after countless hours of searching. I know that an update kit exsists and is sold by a company called Galcou. This is supposed to include a new regulator and controller, and alternator as well

  6. #6John C.2022-09-07 08:52

    The last guy I know of who worked on those machines has retired. I have no idea if he is even still alive.

  7. #7ryanmueller2022-09-08 00:21

    We get our parts from bigge crane

  8. #8ryanmueller2022-09-08 00:30
  9. #9ryanmueller2022-09-08 00:30