Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

P&H Omega 40 Crane electrical wiring, PLEASE HELP!

Benavgee ยท 2020-04-01 11:56

Hello everyone! New to the forum with my first question. My family owns a 1980 Omega 40 crane and we need the wiring schematic for number 37 in the diagram attached. We had someone rewire it and he did not do the job right. Now its stuck and not operatable. Any help would be appreciated. I cannot find it anywhere online. I messaged Atlas UK but no answer. Thank you!

Replies6
  1. #1crane operator2020-04-02 18:19

    You would be better off spending your time tracing out the wires to the outrigger solenoids with a wire tracer, as waiting for the manufacturer. p&H was the manufacturer of the omega, were bought by terex, and terex no longer makes them, and weren't much help when they were making them. I would be very. very shocked if they had any info, and if they got it to you in less than 2 months time. Its not a terribly complicated system. The center switches are probably just a master/ deadman power button, then you need to find each function from the swivel downstairs to the coil/ solenoids and the directional valve. You have a manual that the screenshot is from, but it doesn't have a wiring schematic? Sometimes they are all folded up in the back of the manual. But I would just bite the bullet and wire trace from down stairs to upstairs and brute force figure it out. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

  2. #2John C.2020-04-04 12:23

    Maybe EBay or an old P&H Dealer would be the only sources I can think of that might still be able to provide a book with a wiring schematic. The page screen shot might be out of a parts book. Maybe you can describe what is stuck and not operable and we can work from there.

  3. #3tractormech2020-04-04 21:53

    Friend-I don't know if this will help much but I have a shop manual and an electrical troubleshooting manual with schematics and wire numbers for the Omega 14-23 ton units and it appears they are pretty much the same. Perhaps the 40 is the same as well. It has wire numbers as well. I could try to send you some pictures.It may help you-I don't know.If all he worked on was the wires going to that plug look at it carefully to rule out ones that weren't tampered with. What was the original problem? What did he do exactly and what will the crane not do now?

  4. #4tractormech2020-04-04 21:58

    Also-I know a guy at a local crane company that had a ton of old P&H's-friction and hydraulic. It's a shot in the dark but he may accidentally have the manual for a 40-I couldn't say for sure. They are old and by the time the Omega series was being made they were I think kind of on the way out.

  5. #5toppen2020-04-12 08:17

    Hey. If you leave your mail I will try to help you. I have a manual for your model. Or write me [email protected]

  6. #6FACUNDO2023-12-11 09:17

    Hello, I have an Omega 23 crane and I need the electrical wiring diagram, especially for the outriggers, could you help me. Thank you!!