I found some equipment up in Coal Country near Pottsville Pa.
Interesting pics, as usual, Pullpan. I moved the thread here, not because this is the ideal place for it, but I know it doesn't belong in "Announcements". :beatsme
What are you talking about? He announced he went to a coal mine and took some pics! Pretty good ones at that.:cool2
Cool pics pullpan, I think I know where those 785's are parked, how far/where is that 11 and dragline from them?
D11R is just off of rt 61
Nice to see more of Reading's equipment...anyone know how old the 7800's are?
Did you go to the Yuengling Brewery too?
One thing i notice is that the equipment is older equipment not to many real late model machines. So i take it there isn't as much money in the coal mining bus as the ore mines out west that others on here posts?:usa
The anthracite mines are actually doing pretty well. It's just that a lot of the anthracite miners believe in the quality of the older machinery, especially the older Cats. It's also usually cheaper for them to just keep replacing parts until it becomes too costly for them to maintain. And walking draglines usually last 40, 50, 60 years or sometimes even older. Pagnotti/Jeddo is running two Bucyrus-Monighan 7W's from 1947 that they just fixed up over at Hazelton Shaft, along with one or two Lima 2400's. Not that there is new equipment running there. No. 1 Contracting opened up a mine a while back and is using newer Komatsu equipment along with a 4600 dragline.
HAHA!!! I know where those 785's and 9N are....right off 901 East Bound. I stoped there and checked those out last time I was on my way home from riding the quads up near Shamokin. Man I would love to get a job with one of those anthrocite companys......
but it is a D11, kinda hard to loss track of that type of tractor.
9420, as usual awesome photos. Hadn't seen this particular thread when you first posted it, must have just overlooked it somehow. Anways, thanks for sharing. Trbo
Trust me, it's a whole lot easier than you might think. Brian
Nice pics from the hard coal region! 9420 pullpan, Do you work for Reading Anthracite?
no I work for Ransome Cat
10-4, never seen it with just one dish ontop of the cab we have GPS on are machine and even on are 345ME.
Who do you work for Myers or H&K??
that 11r gonna need some feet shortly.
:drinkupAAM #80778 we work up at that jandil job in lehigh valley together I dug pipe and you loaded truck for pigpen. nice pic by the way bill:drinkup
Nice pics, Pullpan! I like that part of PA. Nice country, big equipment, the people are friendly too.
Nice pictures!
Round #2
sweet pic pullpan
they should put a cable on that D-11 hook it up to that 475 and see who win.:idea
what the hell pullpan its like you were rite next to me cooky
are those Demag still working?
There used to be a huge Page walking dragline off of Rt 54? I couldn't find it last time I fear it was probably scrapped.
yep it was acording to stripmine.org was this it
Once again Hoeman and I went out on an early morning journey this morning. It was short but we dug up some good pieces of Iron. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, it was like we to a side trip to Des Moines Iowa....
Here is the second D11R we saw this morning
First Le tourneau Loader I have seen
D10R (2) Deere 350D's WA600 WA800 WA480 & WA800
Demag H185
This Hitachi EX1800 is sitting in front of a gate to an old reclamation job just off of rt 209. No more than 100 yards off of the road right out in the open.
Nice pics pullpan, Did someone buy that Mac D11? Thanks for sharing
I would think if they sold it or brought it to auction that they would have removed the lettering. I would be interested to find out....
Got any more pics of the towtruck? Make and data? Its not something seen everyday!
Hey Pullpan I know you take a ton of pics (Thanks by the way!), is that PC4000 in Penn? Rish is the Komatsu dealer in WV. If so Isn't their rules about territory alot like Cats?
Yea the PC4000 is in PA
Hey pullpan your sneeking around in my backyard taken picks of the demag and hitachi. That ex 1800 has been sitting there for quite a few years now, at least 5. LCN is a bunch of scumbags, i cant wait till the rest of there equipment falls apart like all the stuff you couldnt go see. They bankrupt a week after we did several $thousand worth of work for them. They also burned another fellow excavator thats a good friend. They cab claim bankrupcy and not pay us but they just got 2 new d11s in the last 2 months.
I found some more iron up here in Central PA.
These pics were taken just outside of English Center, PA. I believe it is Fischer Coal.
Are the sites really open to drive through?
I act as if I am lost, I always ask "which way is the exit" :beatsme
Thats the line I use. I have found that a white F350 with toolbox and fuel tank can get into and out of most construction sites without much trouble.:cool2
I went back up to Fischer Coal, here are the pics. There are 4 Marion draglines, 1 sitting and the other 3 are in this post. I also saw a D10T and a D10R. Along with a new 992K bucket. I heard that they had purchased a 992 and a few 777's.
nice pics i just may have to move out that way and try to get a job there isnt anything up here in ct pluse would love to play with some of the biger iron
Well.... Today was one hell of a day for equipment hunting for me. There are a few from Pottsville area that I have posted before. But after that I ran into a few pieces that I never thought that I would see in PA and They are about 5-7 miles north of RT80. Check em out
But this is what takes the Cake! (2) 854G's (2) 657E's With Coal Bowls (2) D10T's
Pullpan pics as always, keepem comin! Say you work for Ransome? Ever had any dealins with N.E.S. outta Lancaster? Worked for em 10/03 till 12/05. Treated me good just got to where I needed to be home not 300 miles away during week.:drinkup Bob
I got laid off in January,
Are those from Reading Anthracite? Keep 'em coming, don't see many push dozers or 657's, coal bowls or not, over here.
they are at a powerplant north of rt80.
A question for the dozer guys: Is it a good idea to park a dozer with the ripper sunk like the D11 pictured here? Please explain the reasons with your answer, I'm just curious. Thanks
It is common here, and the reason is to make it easier on the oiler to reach the grease points on the ripper.
Great pics, love seeing things in other parts of the country and the world. Trbo
pullpan, There is a reclamation job starting a few miles down the road from where I live (outside Hazleton). Not quite sure what's back there yet besides a few 777's, 375 Komatsu and a 385 Cat Excavator (just what I've seen go down the road/heard that it went down). I can give you directions if you'd like to go in and take pics. I want to, just haven't found the time in the daytime hours yet..
Res12cue was it a brand new komastu 375? Last wends or thurs one came threw my town (nesquehoning). It was probbly goin up there.
not sure, one of the guys I work with saw it.
X2 I use to do it also to see how many guys would hop on and try to take off with out lifting it. No dozers with rippers around here though
Made my way back upto Fischer Coal today, the new 992K Bucket still sits there. I'm not sure if Cleveland Brothers is loaning them the 990H or what but hopefully the 922K shows up soon... Cat's 990H, (3) 777F's, (1) 773F, (2) D10T's Volvo's L350F, L220E
Great pics. I always find it amazing to see all of the equipment the coal companies just leave in their old strip mines. There are a lot of rock trucks and loaders just sitting at old mines in Western PA guess they got their money out of them and they are to worn out to do anything else.
Sweet pics