Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pad foot Shell kit

treemover ยท 2019-11-30 05:45

Just got an Ingersoll rand sd70 smooth drum roller. It had a shell kit on it before and would like to have a pad foot. Will Any shell kit work if it is same width and drum diameter? Or do I have to find sd70 specific?

Replies4
  1. #1redneckracin2019-11-30 06:23

    I have never owned one but I helped put one on, and I can't see any reason why a shell wouldn't bolt on as long as the clearances are there. Just make sure the shell is securely fastened because it sounds like a dump truck going through a nitroglycerin plant if you don't.

  2. #2Ben Witter2019-12-01 14:40

    You will need to find one that fits the drum very well or it will slip. You can usually find one at a dealer or customer that was a take off and seldom used. I have seen them sitting around quite often.

  3. #3funwithfuel2019-12-03 13:20

    What Ben said. The SDs bolt directly to the smooth drum if I remember and negate having to weld the edges. You dont want a shell kit to loosen and saw through your hoses. Try to find the right kit before resigning to a "will fit" kit.

  4. #4f311fr12019-12-03 21:26

    A & B HES Equipment in Holland MI has a bunch of pad foot shell kits