Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Painting Link-Belt Excavator

diesel-power ยท 2018-05-26 21:07

Hey everyone. I'm getting ready to paint a Link-Belt 145X-3 Spin Ace. Now that's all fine and dandy, but the dealer is charging about $400.00 a gallon for paint. Is there anyone who has done a repaint on these machines using non-dealer paint that would know what the paint codes are? I downloaded the MSDS paint sheet from the Link-Belt website. I sent it to Sherwin-Williams and they told me it doesn't specify the colors so they really can't help me. I'm kind of at an impasse here and not sure what to do.

Replies7
  1. #1Jonas3022018-05-26 22:23

    Find a spot that isn't faded to bad bring it to an auto parts store and have them shoot it with the color match camera its portable so you may be able to talk them into bringing it out if you cant find a good panel to take in

  2. #2tool_king2018-05-27 21:26

    Second that get a paint sample and have is matched up .

  3. #3Theweldor2018-05-27 21:30

    There are a couple of places around here that can scan a sample and come up with the color. For another $8.00 they can even put it in a spray can for touch-up. Although that is not what you are looking for.

  4. #4kyhoytarcher2018-06-22 09:41

    Diesel here is all I have. not sure if it will help you.

  5. #5diesel-power2018-06-22 10:10

    You may be on to something there. What store did you find these at?

  6. #6diesel-power2018-06-22 10:11

    You may be on to something there. What store did you find these at?

  7. #7kyhoytarcher2018-06-22 11:12

    Those came from a dealer, didn't know if the numbers would help you though.