Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Paladin Harley Rake Barriers

grnmtndigger · 2026-08-24 09:58

Have any of you guys found a source for material to make the rock barriers out of?

Replies17
  1. #1materthegreater2026-08-24 22:07

    Are you referring to the rubber strips above the drum? I'm not familiar with official terminology for those.

  2. #2grnmtndigger2026-08-25 07:00

    Yes, the barriers would be the rubber strips above the drum.

  3. #3materthegreater2026-08-25 07:03

    Get an old conveyor belt and cut it into strips. I've gotten pieces of belt for other uses from local sand and gravel pits. There is still a lot of usable rubber in the belts they take off their conveyors when they replace them.

  4. #4grnmtndigger2026-08-26 08:17

    Thanks. I had thought of that but tends to be a little floppy.

  5. #5materthegreater2026-08-26 08:24

    How much do they cost to buy from Paladin?

  6. #6grnmtndigger2026-08-26 21:01

    Around $350 each is what I have found.

  7. #7materthegreater2026-08-26 21:17

    Ouch. I haven't done much with those rakes in a while. Is it 6'? 7'? What are you typically using it for? Maybe you could double up on the conveyor belting to save some $$$.

  8. #8grnmtndigger2026-09-05 13:11

    MX7. It’s used mostly for topsoil and driveways.

  9. #9smifwal2026-09-06 10:32

    You might look at rubber bed liners I don't know if they're a thing anymore but I've had a few trucks that have had them. Pulled them out and use them for shop mats for laying on but they are thinner than conveyor belt rubber more pliable

  10. #10AMBMike2026-09-06 11:17

    If you're looking for something heavy you could try to get your hands on the mats used in dairy barns. They're typically around 3/4" thick, sometimes more. It looks like you could pick up a 4'x6' mat at Tractor Supply for $50+/- . Search rubber stall mat online.

  11. #11smifwal2026-09-06 13:28

    I totally misread, I thought you were looking for floppy, I was thinking like the rubber on the front of a broom. AMBMike has you on the right track. If you have any flooring stores or know a guy. Gym floor rubber would work also. The cuts off the sides would work and typically get thrown away.

  12. #12Tags2026-09-14 06:27

    I don’t believe it’s rubber. It more like a dense flexible plastic, almost like what they use for a dump body liner but thicker. I believe that’s why it’s expensive. But I have seen guys use conveyor belt, you just may need to double it up. I always just bought new stuff from the manufacturer, because I believe it’s much much stiffer than using a conveyor belt, and does a better job of keeping the rock from slipping through the roller and the guard.

  13. #13southernman132026-09-28 06:21

    U can get sheets of polymer different thickness are available. It’s very stiff and durable. We used it on the bottom of airboat hulls. The local boat builders always had scrap strips left over

  14. #14southernman132026-09-28 06:24

    I believe it’s the same stuff Tags was referring to “dump bed liner”

  15. #15smifwal2026-09-28 14:54

    I had a liner in my vac trailer when I bought it but it had bubbled up in l a couple of places, Vermeer wanted $750.00 for a replacement. We have a plastic place here that sold me the exact same thing for $125.00 Ultra-High-Molecular-Weight (UHMW)1/8"x4'x8' Doesn't look like they are that far east but could probably turn you on to someone is your are. Plastic Distributor Locations | Regal Plastic Plastic distributor near me? Regal Plastic has branches across the Midwest and South. Find your local plastics supplier, get directions, and contact the team. www.regalplastic.com

  16. #16southernman132026-09-28 16:59

    UHMW! That’s it I knew the letters were something like that lol couldn’t remember exactly!

  17. #17DDoug2026-09-28 20:23

    Ultra High Molecular Weight