Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pallet forks for 310 L front bucket. How much weight can a bucket lift?

emmett518 ยท 2021-04-07 13:23

If I bought pallet forks for my Deere 310 L, how much can a Deere bucket hold on forks? 3000 pound? 4000? 6000? Someone recommended Sundown forks as they were much heavier built than other brands.

Replies9
  1. #1berky2021-04-08 07:37

    Lots of different type of forks available out there. Definitely don't want any clamp on type or you will end up bending your bucket. I think the ones I got were rated for 8000 lbs. Bar is 2" diameter and has 4 brackets welded to top of bucket, forks are 4 x 48 x 2.5" . The break out force on my backhoe/loader shows at 6800 lbs. Be aware that the center of your lifting force has been moved forward because of the forks being added to the front of the bucket so you won't ever be able to lift the rated force by manufacturer.

  2. #2Willie B2021-04-08 09:03

    Mine are L shaped slide on a 2" round bar held in hooks on top of bucket. I can easily lift a ton of pellets, not sure what a pallet of shingles weighs.

  3. #3skyking12021-04-08 09:43

    I'd say about 4000 comfortably. That is starting at 6000 and reducing for the 24" load center change. I have picked 6000# structures/steel sheets on a chain. That maxes out a backhoe.

  4. #4Willie B2021-04-08 20:16

    410C I have chain lifted a boulder big enough to lift the rear wheels off the ground. The whole tractor weighs 17400, I'd say I was lifting 8000-9000 LB boulder. Yours being 310L, I'd expect less lift capacity, maybe 7000. Forks will sharply reduce capacity, maybe 3000. Do NOT get the clamp on to bucket lip style!

  5. #5AzIron2021-04-08 22:07

    The only good backhoe forks mount is ears on top of the bucket the clamp on ones from the cutting edge a junk and bow the bucket then typically break On a good day you can pick up about 4000 pounds on forks maybe a little more but it's hard on the front end

  6. #6skyking12021-04-08 22:33

    yes, I hate how the front tires look and the steering gets angry, and then there's all the hidden stuff in the spindles and knuckles and whatnot.

  7. #7emmett5182021-04-09 07:25

    So unloading maybe 1000 pounds would be ok. I occasionally have the need to remove delivered stuff from trucks. A commercial fridge, a commercial stove, maybe tire chains. Being able to fork 1 - 2000 pounds would be helpful. I don't expect to be moving pallets of gold bullion.

  8. #8Swetz2021-04-09 07:27

    emmett, If you ever do, let me kno and I will bring my truck over and help you get rid of the whole pallet

  9. #9skyking12021-04-09 09:25

    I've loaded and unloaded miles of 8' ductile iron pipe with the clamp on forks. ~550 pounds a stick, 3 sticks at a time. you'll be fine there.