every time i run an excavator i put the dig mode on heavy duty. to control the speed i use the dial is this good or bad
mtb345... my opinion is that its better to use the power and function modes and leave the throttle dial alone unless you really need to slow things down for a delicate operation.
I think I was on another thread about this not long ago but I don't remember where it was. Maybe someone here can bring it back up. It doesn't hurt a thing to run the engine at any speed you want. The computer in the machine will adjust pump output so as to maximize effeciency at any speed you set the engine at.
Previous Threads on Work modes/RPMs Here's one of the more recent threads on this.. Here's a much older thread, some very good info. (pages 2,3)
What ever happened to the good ol' days where you just opened up the throttle and used the controls to control the machine? There were no optional fine grade/speed/lifting/or whatever buttons. It took operator skill.....which I guess is what all the extra buttons and switches try to make up for. I'll still take my Cat 245 over any other excavator.
I just put it in the fastest mode and put the throttle to 100%. If you need to control the speed just dont yank on your controls so hard.
CAT Back to basics! Just goes to show that simple things work the best - Just bought a new Cat 312CL which replaced a 312BL the new machine simply does not have any "computer options" like the B. Simple reason - too much to go wrong (and the problems we had with the B were so frustrating:Banghead ). It's great to just start the machine and not worry if you're using the correct digging mode or not. back to basics!
So true.... And welcome aboard...
Welcome to HEF cjmclaughlin@bt! :drinkup