Just wondering if anybody here has any experience with Panolin Hydraulic Oil I might be getting in to the Spyder Excavator business and just wondering if anybody has any experience with this kind of oil? I've been told it's a life oil you only had to change hydraulic filters which seems unusual to me as any regular machine needs it's hydraulic oil changed from time to time as per regular maintenance.
I know nothing about this subject other than what i read here. HeavyEquipmentForums
Thanks hvy 1ton I just want to get my facts all sorted as I get deeper in to this Spyder Excavator business.
I've used bio hydraulic oil in one of my Menzi Muck's A91, no real difference form the other A91 that ran 68, panolin is expensive we ended using a cheaper alternative of bio oil. What brand of spider are you buying?
I did some research on a glycol based hydraulic fluid, once changed over at usual filter change time a sample gets sent to the vendor's lab, as long as all is well you just keep running, or filter cart the fluid, retest and keep running.
I had a chat with Panolin guys in Italy at Ecomondo expo and what they told me it is made of some biodegradable products . What I know they extract erucic acid from oil-rich plants from which they extract tryacilgycerol which is then used to obtain the glycerol itself but I am not really sure right now what it was (reaction is called transesterification) . Not trying to be clever I am just giving hints if you want to do some further research. I have heard that these biodegradables dont have as good viscosity number as mineral and not really sure in hydraulic fluid they can get the same compression number. Id rather stick to what is reccomended for the machines you are using especially if there is warranty involved. Here we dont really expriment with these bio products.