Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Park brake stuck on 85 xt

greg poulain ยท 2017-02-25 13:54

I have an 85XT that wont move. All 3 of the safety lights are illuminated. The 10 amp fuse and the relay checks out but the brake wont release. A few days ago I broke a line on my tree sheer and lost some fluid, not sure how much so I added a gallon of oil. Sight glass is very hard for me to see what the level is but I didn't think I lost more than that. However after about 3 hours of use the parking brake slightly engaged a few times and then just locked up and wont release. HELP Please.

Replies5
  1. #1franklinute2017-02-26 08:28

    I have had the same issue with my 90XT. You can switch some of the relays to different positions and see if that helps. One of the relays toward the front of the machine is for the parking brake. I purchased new relays and then cleaned the fuse box connections. About a week later the safety switch on my seat bar was bad and the brake was off and then on again every 5 seconds. So I just bypassed it for now. Good luck.

  2. #2greg poulain2017-02-26 10:05

    I switched the relays around with no luck. Were all 3 of your safety lights on when you had the problem?

  3. #3franklinute2017-02-26 10:28

    My display went out a few months ago. Something I need to work on.

  4. #4JS3002017-03-01 07:18

    I have a 450 and the seat safety is going out causing the brake to stick. The lap bar switch went out and caused the brake to lock awhile back also. I would bypass them all then remove jumpers one at a time to eliminate the switches. Good luck

  5. #5greg poulain2017-03-21 20:45

    Took some serious trouble shooting to figure this out. Everthing kept checking out good but once I took the brake switch out of the joystick and turned it upside down a bunch of dirt fell out and now it works. Guess its time for a new switch. $70 for a $4 switch. Gotta love all the propritory parts on these machines.