Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Parker Pump Rebuild

LN Pipeline · 2019-05-25 00:09

Took a Parker pump to a local hydraulic shop. Pump number PAVC65BL4A13. Shop took it apart and inspected it, found the port plate had several scratches in it, plus one large pit about 1/8 inch in diameter. They also found that the servo piston had just a little play in it. This is a reputable shop that I have had good luck with in the past. I just want more opinions on this. Here is a link to how the pump is acting. I’ve put a little over 100 hours on the machine since I’ve owned it, and the pump kept getting worse. The shop claims these symptoms are a result of both the port plate and the servo piston. The port plate sounds relatively cheap, but they claim the sleeve the servo piston rides in is not replaceable, and I have to buy a whole new housing. This will put me at about the cost of a new pump. It looks to me that the servo piston sleeve is a separate bronze piece. Is this sleeve really not replaceable? Is the servo piston in fact contributing to the way the pump is acting? Anyone have any luck replacing it? I’d like to know other people’s opinions on this. I am considering installing just a new port plate, and see how pump operates. Also, machine has new hydraulic fluid, filters, and clean strainer.

Replies2
  1. #1f311fr12019-05-26 21:06

    40 years as a hydraulic specialist and running a repair shop. Buy a new pump.

  2. #2LN Pipeline2019-05-26 23:12

    Thank you for the input. Just wanted to hear some opinions before I spent over $4000 on a new pump. Was hoping a rebuild would have been a more economical option.