Best bang for the buck on protecting you chrome
I park them the way the O&M manual shows for checking the fluid levels. When doing machine inspections, I park it the way I found it. But to each his own.
I agree but if its going to be sitting awhile suck that chrome up
Thanks for your responses.
I’m with John C. The machine really ought to be parked with the equipment in the same orientation as shown in the O&M Manual for checking the hydraulic tank oil level.
Parking in a shed or building is good too. My problem isn't getting pitted chrome or a leaking cylinder seal, but mice eating wires and stinking everything up. I think keeping the parked excavator out of the hot sun, pouring rain/mold, and not going crazy with the pressure washer is a good thing.
A machine I operated got vandalised, the rod on the bucket cylinder was damaged and the light on the boom stolen. The operator manual said to park it like the Case in the photo. After that I parked it with the bucket ram fully retracted and the dipper arm vertical and the oil level was exactly the same. A plus from doing this was the bucket remained dry so no sticking dirt in the morning.
I know a guy that if it is going to rain and they don't have a building for him to park his machine in he will load it up and take it home and put it in his shop then remobilize the next day back too work on the same job, he also gets out at the 8 hour mark and greases the machine. Speaking of mice, he ran back and forth in that trough until I lowered the arms down and he ran off
I remember one time, I was cleaning out a skid with a shop vac. All the leaves and crap and a mouse came running by and whoop, right up the hose. Poor terrified thing. Lol Then I just sucked up some 1/2” gravel, to make his day!
I park it so I can get at the most grease fittings, which happens to be at the fluid check position on the 120. If I think of it I park it in one of the other two grease positions also. It helps to get grease in there while it warms up anyway.
I park as in the picture if on grass, but any other ground I'll keep the bucket upright so as not to dip the pins in gravel and dirt.
Is it a mini excavator? I couldn't even imagine moving my 20 ton excavator home everytime there is a chance of rain!! Hell mine would spend more time on the trailer than working if I did that.
He used to own a mini and I am sure he mobilized it also but I was talking about his skid, he also won't let anyone else boom it down.
That’s how I park as well.