Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Part name or number help, please

Dan Watrous · 2026-07-27 16:06

ZJT00258 is a CAT 314E LCR. tangled with a tree and lost the right skirt, exposing her privates Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Can't find the replacement on the serial number Cat part search. Don't know the proper name for this part to search otherwise.

Replies17
  1. #1pittsburgh cat man2026-07-27 16:33

    Number 1 is 4777680

  2. #2Nige2026-07-27 17:07

    Make sure you’re sitting down when you ask for the price.

  3. #3pittsburgh cat man2026-07-27 17:15

    Number pops up on ring power cat used parts

  4. #4Nige2026-07-27 17:39

    It appears that there is also an older Part Number for that fender - 371-9689.

  5. #5Dan Watrous2026-07-27 17:42

    Thank you all https://parts.cat.com/en/catcorp/product/371-9689 seems like a good fit Crazy that i didn't feel or hear anything. found it after I parked from pioneering a road

  6. #6CM19952026-07-27 19:03

    That appears to be just the step. My price is $774.43 plus gov't shake down. 371-9689 I figured it would have a 1 in front of 774.43 when dealing with Cat zero swing machines. 477-7680 is $1018.81 just for the step so I wasn't too far of if both are needed. The "guard" underneath the cab on our 321DL is $4200 plus gov't extortion. That's the one with the tool box door. Obviously we've gotten pretty decent with a body mallet and bondo over the years..

  7. #7pittsburgh cat man2026-07-27 19:16

    that is the step got my position and quantity mixed up

  8. #8CM19952026-07-27 19:23

    Not hard to do on SIS.

  9. #9pittsburgh cat man2026-07-27 19:32

    I'm not impressed with newer version

  10. #10CM19952026-07-27 20:01

    Me either. It was obviously programmed by people that have no knowledge of working or just finding a part on a piece of equipment.

  11. #11AMBMike2026-07-27 20:56

    It used to work so well, then it updated...

  12. #12CM19952026-07-27 21:03

    Every time and I mean every time Cat upgrades something online it's worse.

  13. #13pittsburgh cat man2026-07-27 21:20

    These told you things you never thought you’d need

  14. #14Nige2026-07-28 14:01

    Back to the original question. Don’t expect the replacement fender assembly to include decals. They will cost you extra.

  15. #15Dan Watrous2026-07-28 14:20

    Thank you Nige, I'm not sure my CAT's boyfriend and bodyguard is going to like that, but I just want to protect the exposed hoses, possibly from our family of bears on the mountain or the viscious trees here

  16. #16CM19952026-07-28 19:23

    Probably not an issue on the decal. I think that lettering is not factory.

  17. #17Nige2026-07-29 02:50

    I did wonder about that. I looked for a part number for the decal and couldn’t find one which I thought was strange.