I am looking for a fan, or a part # for the fan, on a Primer Mover LD50. I have looked in the LD50 parts manual, and the Continental TM27 engine manual, and cannot find it. This is my brothers machine. According to him, the fan blows air through the rear of the machine rather than pulling it in through the radiator. Is this correct? Thanks Greg
Can't help you with the Part Number but on a machine of this type it would be usual for the fan to suck air from the engine compartment and blow out through the radiator. That way the hot air/dust/fumes, etc is all blown away from the operator and not towards him.
Some Lincoln welders used the TM27 engine. The fan might be the same. Almost certain most welders blow out the radiator. Could talk to a Lincoln service shop to get a part number. Bills Welder repair or Stumpf's could probably help. Might even find a used one.
Just a simple reply on the fan issue. I had a 4 blade fan that got destroyed from water pump failure. So I went to a bone yard and found a 5 blade fan with a clutch. This was a temperature type clutch. I did have to make some hole changes on the water pump. This has worked great.