Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Parting out a truck questions.

johndeere123 ยท 2013-04-05 20:04

I am thinking about parting out a GMC top kick truck and was wondering about some prices. The truck is from the mid 80's with a 3208 and a 10 speed transmission. It is a single axle with a neway lift axle infront of the drive axle. The truck had 690,000 kms (429.000 miles) Everything on the truck is in working condition except the cab which is rusting pretty bad. For prices I was thinking: 3208 CAT engine- $2000 10 speed Eaton- $500 Neway Lift axle- $1500 Drive axle- $1000 Everything else will probably be under $500 Does this seem like reasonable prices for this kind of stuff?

Replies3
  1. #1ben46a2013-04-06 10:30

    Is the 3208 a turbo or NA? You'll be lucky to get 1000 out of an NA engine around here. I havea 210hp with 17000 miles on it from new and was offered 800. Haven't sold it yet. Turbo may get more from a fisherman though. What is the weight ratingof the lift? Duals or singles on it? If its a 20,000 lb I'd say that's right on the money. The ten speed should bring 600-800.I'm guessing its a 6610 fuller? Rearend sounds about right, if its a lockup or ruxel it may get a bit more.

  2. #2johndeere1232013-04-06 17:04

    The 3208 is turbocharged, and the lift axle has duals and spoke wheels. The rearend is a 23,000 with spoke wheels and no lockup or ruxel.

  3. #3ben46a2013-04-07 01:45

    Yeah the turboed engine you may get what your asking. Should be on the money For the lift axle.