Looking to purchase a roller, but new to the industry in general Looking at Komatsu, Caterpillar, and Case models, but concerned about parts availability - any experience here? who's got the best support?
It will help if you give us some more specific info, like its intended purpose and the hours you will be putting on it.
Want to focus on small commercial lots. Would like to go to larger lots in the future, but we all need to start somewhere. Looked at residential but want to be able to scale larger. Hoping to put 400 hours a year on one.
So, do you mean a roller for asphalt or dirt? I still don't follow.
Sorry, dirt. It's more a question of which brand has better parts support than a technical question.
The brands you mentioned are all about equal, the deciding factor would be who is closer to you. Just my opinion.
Hands down Cat will provide better parts support
What puts Cat on top of the rest? (barring distance from me and a dealer)
I've worked for Deere and CAT dealers in the past, and dealt with Kommie and CASE... I can't give you statistics but in my opinion CAT does have a better parts system, warehouses on three continents (or is it four?) and they're very good at moving parts to where they need to be. Kommie is okay but in my experience horribly overpriced on parts. CASE, well they've been through so many changes I just don't think they've ever quite caught up with all the buy/sell/joint venture/dissolution/elimination stuff.